• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Inconsistensies?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Has the show had any major inconsistensies? I have seen the series 3 times so far, and have yet to find any notable continuity problems.
Besides minor ones like Anna being played by 2 different actresses, different alien makeup in the pilot, and minor astronomy problems.
So, does anyone know of any?

------------------

The one that comes immediately to mind is the episode in which Lennier says there are two Minbari castes, when there are actually three.

Do the fact that G'Kar's spots tend to wander slightly count?
laugh.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by fanuilh (edited January 19, 2002).]

Personally I don't think that "Babylon Squared" and "War Without End" marry up as well as they could have, but I understand the reason for that. The destruction of the Black Star as portrayed on-screen (In the Beginning) doesn't entirely agree with Sheridan's earlier description of the event. The Kosh poisoning bit in the pilot can be rationalized - but it has to be rationalized in light of the later depiction of the Vorlons. There are probably other little nits here and there. (Not inconsistent, but certainly not dealt with, are things like Sheridan, G'Kar and Franklin having met before, but there wouldn't have been time for that early in S2 even if it had been planned from the beginning - and later would be too late to get into it.)

Oh, and Lennier says that the Minbari have two castes at one point. But around the time that episode was filmed, JMS posted a usenet message naming three Minbari castes, Warrior, Religious and Worker, so this may just have been Lennier being a typical Religious caste member and forgetting about the Workers.

But on the whole I can't think of any major or serious inconsistancies, and I've seen the whole series seven or eight times. It really is a remarkable acheivement.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I agree with DeMartino's view of the Lenier/cast situation. Even if you don't believe that showing that even Lenier overlooked the workers was the intent it is not an inconsistancy since it can easily be explained away within the story.

The one thing that bothers me the most is how Sheridan's dream is explained. I know that Kosh's exit left no one to explain the dream but Susan and Delenn seemed to pull the answers out of their...well you know. The other minor inconsistacies are neat to notice but don't bother me.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
so this may just have been Lennier being a typical Religious caste member and forgetting about the Workers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking, that this statement (neglecting the Workers) and Lenniers anger at Marcus (cant rememberthe Ep, but Marcus touched Lennier and Lennier lifted Marcus by the Throat because he didnt like to be touched by Humans) could have forshadowed Lenniers fall. Just little things that showed our sweet, kind Lennier is a bit of a Bigot.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

In yhe first ep of Season 2, when Lennier is telling Sheridan about the merging of Human and Minbari souls, he mentioned that 2000 years ago, Minbari and Human souls began to mix. As we all know this was later shown to happen only 1000 years in the past at the time of Valen.

Boy, Lennier is really messing up lots of stuff isn't he. Poor boy cant get his facts straight, not enough time in temple I guess
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back