• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

IGN S4 review and why I'm mad

Re: IGN S4 review and why I\'m mad

Heh :) that was pathetic one. But hey, monkeys with spell checker and keyboards are out there somewhere. Anyway, I don't know how many of you remember this.. but:

Babylon 5 was our last, best hope
to remove Voyager from the television.

It failed.

But in the year of the ratings war, it became something greater.
Our last, best hope for good science fiction on television.
The year is 1997. The place is Babylon 5.

He didn't say they stretched the video. He said:

He said exactly what he was quoted as saying. When bombarded with e-mails (including one from me) he went back and edited his review to make himself look less ignorant and by using the correct terminology to describe a problem he really doesn't understand. This is one of the lines I had in mind in discussing how little he knows about DVD in my post above.

Regards,

Joe

I must admit that I enjoyed Jeremy Conrad's reviews of Seasons 1 and 2, but regarded this site's reviews overall as being far too trivial in their treatment of their topics to be worth repeated viewing.

Some decent interviews, though.

Babylon 5 was our last, best hope
to remove Voyager from the television.

It failed.

But in the year of the ratings war, it became something greater.
Our last, best hope for good science fiction on television.
The year is 1997. The place is Babylon 5.

Well, it successfully removed Voyager from MY television. :devil: After I started watching B5, I couldn't go back to Voyager. Heck, B5 makes it hard to go back to TNG.

You know, this...
b5_gkarbeingtortured.jpg

-Warner Home Video
The typical reaction to watching Star Trek: Enterprise

...can be taken two ways, the fawning trekkie (pro-Trek, pro-Enterprise) way that any Trek, even Enterprise is superior to B5 (i.e. The typical reaction of a B5-er to watching Star Trek: Enterprise), or as the reaction of any sentient being after they've watched almost any B&B written episode of Enterprise (as in "Can I get that part of my memory mindwiped?"). :devil:

Wonder which way Sergio Non meant it?

He didn't say they stretched the video. He said:

He said exactly what he was quoted as saying. When bombarded with e-mails (including one from me) he went back and edited his review to make himself look less ignorant and by using the correct terminology to describe a problem he really doesn't understand. This is one of the lines I had in mind in discussing how little he knows about DVD in my post above.

Regards,

Joe

Ah, OK. I was commenting on the version that was up on the morning of 02/13/2004, the one I read. Wasn't aware he'd been corrected.

First, the review.

IGN Season 4 DVD review

Now why I'm mad:

a. It's on the front page of IGN, which gives it lots of nice coverage.
b. The review is *very* negative

I don't find the review *this* negative. I think he only tried to write something different from what other reviewers wrote about season 4, e.g. "that this show is the best piece of Sci Fi ever shown on TV". :D

My guess is, he just needed to fill the blank spaces on his screen and since there is not much negative to say about Season 4, he had to make something up. And he also seems to think he is awfully funny...
c. The reviewer has a LOT of his facts just plain wrong.
E.g. that remark about how jms wrote all of the scripts of the last two seasons <lol>. He thinks he knows so much and indeed knows so little...
I couldn't even make it through all of the review, it sickened me so much. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it just reads as if it was written by someone who really hates B5 but never actually *watched* the damned show (what a concept).

The reviewer is probably a Trekkie... ;)

I would like to write a scathing letter to IGN, but I'm in too bad of a mood at the moment to make it coherent.

Better just ignore this article, it doesn't deserve this much attention.

The guy seems like a Trekker to me. I don't know if any of you have ever spent any time over at a Trekker bulletin board, but those people are vicious. Must have something to do with 'no girlfriend/no brain/tvio full of Enterprise' pheononenon.

Well, preaching the IDIC and acting according to it seem to be two different pairs of shoes. I still remember how they bashed TNG when they first heard of it... :rolleyes:

By the way, you should call those people 'Trekkies' instead of 'Trekkers', because that's what those jerks (only) are. :devil:

And I'd just like to put in a good word for Star Trek fans. :p
There was a time, long ago, when it was a very interesting few series. Everything after Deep Space 9 I try to pretend never happened. :rolleyes:

:) yep !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back