• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If you could be any race?

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
The Vorlons, just to be able to say things like "Understanding is a three-edged sword" and "Yes" at weird times and not be weird
lol.gif
tongue.gif

------------------

Centauri... six... 'nuff said

------------------
Never use the expression "I've got your six" to a Centauri, unless, of course, you mean it.

A firstone like the walkers ZOG....

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

I would remain human, but be a technomage and then join the rangers.

------------------
We are Rangers
We walk in the dark places no one will enter
We do not break away from combat
We Stand on the bridge and no one may pass
We do not retreat, whatever the reason
We live for the one, We die for the one

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
Not that this is really any one race but:

TECHNO-MAGE ALL THE WAY BABY!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recoil,

I'm with you on this one,

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>despite the atrocities committed to get the tech. Galen showed it is possible to overcome the programming of the Shadows, so the only real drawback is the way the tech is "built".</font></td></tr></table>

Technomage is the way to go.

Joe

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joev5638:
Recoil,

I'm with you on this one,

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>despite the atrocities committed to get the tech. Galen showed it is possible to overcome the programming of the Shadows, so the only real drawback is the way the tech is "built".</font></td></tr></table>

Technomage is the way to go.

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Screw overcoming the programming, and I would have no guilt about the atrocities. The whole reason I wanna be one is so I can do some cool stuff and raise hell! That, and chicks dig magic tricks
wink.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

I'd have to be Centauri. I love their architecture, their respectable tech. and ship designs great women(execpt the baldness) male hair styles and decadent life style
laugh.gif
Hope that's enough of an explanation.

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

Narn, they seem to survive everything.

------------------

Zarg.
laugh.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Topic: If you could be any race?

I don't know. The Daytona 500 is nice, lotsa sun and warmth. Maybe LeMans, it's so sophisticated... Then again, there's the Kentucky Derby and all those Mint Juleps...
cool.gif

If I had to select a species, I'd stay human! Who wants to spend all those hours in the makeup chair before and after every day of shooting?!?
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
lol.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Mondo Londo said
I don't know. The Daytona 500 is nice, lotsa sun and warmth. Maybe LeMans, it's so sophisticated... Then again, there's the Kentucky Derby and all those Mint Juleps...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely the Indy 500, dude, where's your head at.
lol.gif
laugh.gif
lol.gif

------------------
YOU ARE NOT READY FOR IMMORTALITY!

Regular car racign? BOO!! Boring!! I'd be a street race
smile.gif
Well... on second thought, maybe that wouldn't be such a great thing
crazy.gif

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

Look to the left.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Oh, Doctor Gonzo wants to be a whatever
laugh.gif

Get it? Gonzo from the Muppets is a "whatever" Get it? Oh, well

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

Amusing.
tongue.gif

I would add that Gonzo of mupet fame is not the character that I chose to name myself after.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Vorlon.

Cool ships, cool envrionmental suits...

And cool one liners.
laugh.gif

"I hate it when you do that."
"Good."

Sheridan to Kosh

------------------

Being a human is great but if I had to be an alien, I would definitely be a VORLON. They have the best responses.

"How will this end?" - Centauri Emperor Turhan; "In fire." - Kosh

I mean, come on, how cool. Plus, they have organic ships, can somehow sneak in and out of places without being noticed despite their cumbersome encounter suits, and they can get out of annoying meetings just because they are Vorlons and they can.

------------------
No one here is exactly what he appears.

"Impudent!"

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"

There are three possibilities:

1. A slightly non-standard Shadow.

I like their appearance, their secretiveness and depressingly optimistic approach. Evolution will prevail anyway, only change lasts and things only last in change. Efficient is good and in the long term, good is efficient. How you make something good and efficient, how you find your way in this strange world... it depends on what you want. Asking why you are here... can help as well.

Their perspective could be considered great wisdom... had they not lost their way. Had they maintained balance, stayed doubting and kept their 14 eyes open... they could have achieved awesome things.

2. Minbari.

Their view of the universe seems slightly like that of the Shadows. They see it as continuous change, with nothing final or perfect, simply searching for a goal which will be never reached. And I like their concept of the soul, and their obsession with flarn, and... well, most things Minbari.

At the cost of inflexibility, they achieved a wonderfully stable society. Had they known how to combine their exact science and sociological insight with flexibility, they would have had the best of both worlds.

Minbari customs are most interesting, and some quite thoughtfully described. And one Minbari is particularly curious... and particularly lovely... yes, you guessed right, Delenn.

3. Human.

I would be perfectly fine with being who I am. Actually, I would be fine with most sentient species... but as mentioned above, I have some biases.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited February 07, 2002).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back