• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

If Crusade came back, it would need...

Elizar

Beyond the rim
I think it would have to have Captain Gideon, Dureena, and Galen. What do you think?

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

And Max.
lol.gif

I really couldn't imagine Crusade without him... or anyone else playing him but David Allen Brooks.

But Gideon, Galen and Dureena all seem like "must-haves", at least at this point.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
And Max.
lol.gif

I really couldn't imagine Crusade without him... or anyone else playing him but David Allen Brooks.

But Gideon, Galen and Dureena all seem like "must-haves", at least at this point.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so true id give up crusade with out thoes characters cause they al seam quite promissing and Max is a real stand out
smile.gif

but i think it would also need a little help in the adds department, crusade is know by word of mouth witch really dosent help it's case

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power governments and tyrants and armies Cannot stand... The Centauri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

I wouldn't be heart broken if Captain Lockley wasn't put on. She just didn't really fit in.

------------------

I really didn't mind Lochley... but I sure wouldn't be heart-broken about her absence either.

I guess she came in at a bad time in B5 (not just because she 'replaced' Ivanova but also because over the four years, we'd got to know all the other characters) - and then in Crusade she didn't feel like an integral part of the story either, unlike the 'new' characters.

I'd hate to lose Matheson as well, actually. I liked him a lot.

Dr. Chambers... while I remember liking her, too, IMHO perhaps she would be the most expendable one.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

I would like to see Mr.Welles and definately no Lochley
shocked.gif
The original show would have been fine without her

------------------

Absolute must haves are Gideon and Galen.

Durena, Matheson, and Max would be nice. Lockley would be nice to since she was much better on Crusade and would have had more time to develop.

The doctor could be eaten by Pak'ma'rah and I wouldn't notice.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

I just started a similar poll like this in the Crusade forum of G'Kar's City/State.

It is suffice to say that Chambers is the most expendable, but then again, we weren't given much time to get to know her character.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Matheson was one of my favorites. I liked Doctor Chambers, but like many of you have said, she is expendable. Other than the charactors, what else would Crusade have to have to come back?

------------------

In a perfect world it would be ideal to have all the regulars back and carry on just as if nothing had happened.
smile.gif

However in the world in which we live nothing is perfect and we may never see any more of Crusade. If it is revived I would be quite happy if they scrapped the first thirteen episodes and started over. If they could use the same actors that would be fine with me, but if some of them had to be replaced I could live with that too. After all, most of the actors in The Gathering were replaced by the time B5 aired and it really didn't matter.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Matheson was one of my favorites. I liked Doctor Chambers, but like many of you have said, she is expendable. Other than the charactors, what else would Crusade have to have to come back? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ANSWER: an advertising campaign not unlike what we are seeing now with B5:LR. a few months ago ill admit i was quite opposed to the idea of a new series because i believed it spelled doom for Crusade, in fact it was only very recently that i embraced B5:LR. but now it may be our last, best, and only hope for Crusade.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> After all, most of the actors in The Gathering were replaced by the time B5 aired and it really didn't matter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually wasnt it only Sakai and Kyle that were replaced? despite some dramatic makeup changes everyone else was the same.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Godkiller:
actually wasnt it only Sakai and Kyle that were replaced? despite some dramatic makeup changes everyone else was the same.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Lt. Cmdr. Takashima.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
In a perfect world it would be ideal to have all the regulars back and carry on just as if nothing had happened.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then I hope we start living in a perfect world sometime very soon.
smile.gif

If they had to lose anybody, I'd pick Dr. Chambers to be the one that goes. I'm actually am beginning to like Lochley/Scoggins more than Chambers/Holden. I just have a hard time watching some of Chambers scenes (e.g. when she's dictating the letter to send to her sister). Lochley just needed to loosen up a bit. She always seemed to have a stick up her butt, like she was always under strict, rigid control of herself, was stiff, and if she loosened up she'd break something. On Crusade, at least she started to thaw out a little.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

just finished the Technomage trilogy and reviewed the technomage appearances in the Centauri trilogy

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> and i think it would definitly be cool to learn more about these cloister mages and what Galen thinks/knows of them. we saw so much diversity among the technomages in their trilogy and the addition of the cloisters is a concept that should be touched opon. </font></td></tr></table>

also, when are the technomages coming out of hiding? this could also be addressed in Crusade, perhaps it could be the Crusade equivalent to B5's WWE 1&2 or A Voice in the Wilderness. besides,

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> wasnt the Excalibur supposed to go renegade after finding a cure in year two? </font></td></tr></table>

this has huge potential and could be the bulk of the story for seasons 3,4 and 5.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> i can just picture Lochely having a moral crisis as to wether or not to turn Gideon in or Ivonova being sent to track down and capture the Excalibur. what a showdown that would be. also, the rangers and the crew of the Liandra could have secret contact with the Excalibur with or without the support of Sheridan/Delenn. this would go a long way toward the distrust and suspicion felt by Earthers toward the alliance one-hundred years later.</font></td></tr></table>

oh imagine the possibilities!

------------------

Oh the headache.

------------------
"Ink on a page!" -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.
"Life is life, whether it's wrapped in skin, scales or feathers." -Dr. Franklin

Based on where I *think* jms was taking the series, this is how the characters fall, most to least important:

Gideon
Galen
Lochley
Matheson
Dureena
Eilerson
Chambers

In my own preference it's Galen, Gideon, Dureena, everyone else, and then Lochley would be dead last, but if the underlying story turned out to be

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> a continuing Earth/Shadow/Drakh/Psicorps war criminal conspiracy where Gideon goes rogue and Lochley has to decide whose side she's on again (having been on the "wrong side" previously) with the subplot of "who are the mages, why do they have Shadowtech, whose side are they on really", as it appears, </font></td></tr></table>

that's how it shakes out. Of course looking at the first 13 episodes of B5 itself would give one a horribly skewed idea of what the show was going to be about, so this is probably way off.

Of course, Ivanova would be a far *better* Earthforce character for the above plotline than Lochley once you take into account the events described in one of the short stories.... hmmm.

Anyway, plot and characters aside, I think Chen could use a little help with incidental music (beneath conversations and the like) and the show could really have been promoted a whole lot better. Maybe they could do a MOW out of the two unproduced jms scripts, launching into a "Season 2" with any necessary cast changes. Buffy didn't do so badly with a 13-episode first season.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> wasnt it only Sakai and Kyle that were replaced? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you got that about half right.

Kyle was replaced by Franklin.

Sakai was a Replacement for Carolyn, Sinclair's interim girlfriend.
The one who wanted him to Give Up Earthforce and go into business with her.
Sakai, he proposed Marriage to at the end of Season One.

Also replaced were:

Lt. Cmdr. Laurel Takashima by Ivanova

Lyta Alexander by Talia Winters.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back