• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I just got a Mediamark survey in the mail

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm very familiar with MRI because we use it at work. Many advertising agencies use it to cross-tabulate product usage information with media usage.

If this is their normal survey, you will receive other parts of it, including a long questionairre about your household's characteristics and what types of products you use, activities you participate in, etc.
You also will be interviewed about your magazine and newspaper reading.

This is an important survey to the marketers that subscribe to it. The answers you give to the product usage part of the survey you don't appear to have gotten yet are crucial. It's not just the TV answers you gave that are important. It's the ability to later relate it to what types of products you buy.

------------------

Then I guess Sci-Fi will be a little upset. I haven't bought any BowFlex machines....
laugh.gif

To be honest, ever since I got a TV with remote control, I switch channels during the commercials. When B5 goes to commercial, I look at Law & Order on A&E; JAG on USA; or ST: Voyager on a local station...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited December 17, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SavantB5:
This is an important survey to the marketers that subscribe to it. The answers you give to the product usage part of the survey you don't appear to have gotten yet are crucial. It's not just the TV answers you gave that are important. It's the ability to later relate it to what types of products you buy.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that.

It'll have less of an immediate impact than the Nielsen data (since, I'm told, programmers tend not to pay any attention to qualitative), but that kind of info is getting more and more important, and demand for it (on the radio side, mainly) has caused lots of long nights...
smile.gif

------------------
-- Marty

I putting this in General discussion since it has to do with TV ratings -- and that certainly impacts the B5 franchise.

If higher powers deem differently, so be it...

Anyway, I got this Mediamark (MRI) survey in the mail. It also says "NOP World -- United Business Media."

The envelope is pretty thick, and it has an 80 cent stamp on it (standard first class postage for one ounce is 34 cents now, I think).

Inside is a stamped (57 cent) return envelope, a form letter asking me to participate from a Karen Anderson, and two surveys.

The first is an 11" x 17" piece of white paper folded in half to form a 4-page, 8.5" x 11" survey.

Page 1 asks me if I watch early moring, daytime, and early evening programs on page one, with many such programs to "check" if I watch them.

Page 2 and half of page three asks me which weekly programs I watch, if I watched them this week; and how many times I watch them per month. There's probably about 160 or so programs listed.

The second half of page three asks about prime time shows that are on 5 nights a week. This spills over to maybe 20% of page 4. There's probably about 75 of them or so.

About half of page 4 asks about late night and week end shows. The rest covers whether I watched the baseball playoffs ad World Series; and whether I will watch the 2002 Olympics.

Then it asks my gender and age range.

The second survey is much longer, and is "cable" specific. Physically, it consists of eight 11" x 17" pieces of white paper folded in half, to form a 16 page, 8.5" x 11" booklet.

Page 1 = USA network
Page 2 = TNT
Page 3 = TNN
Page 4 = TLC & Travel
Page 5 = TBS
Page 6 = Lifetime
Page 7 = FX & Sci-Fi
Page 8 = Fox Family
Page 9 = ESPN / ESPN2 (no differentiation)
Page 10 = E!
Page 11 = Discovery & Animal Planet
Page 12 = CNN / CNN Headline (no differentiation)
Page 13 = CNBC & MSNBC (differentiated)
Page 14 = Comedy Central
Page 15 = CMT & Fox News
Page 16 = A&E, and a couple of demographic questions.

I will, of course, answer honestly all these questions -- wich will be good for B5...

Interestingly enough, neither of these surveys comes right out and asks me how many hours a week I watch TV (I guess they can add it up); nor does it ask me any family-related questions. Just my viewing, not with whom I watch, not how many people in the home, etc.

This should be an intersting exercise.

I wonder how I got this mailing?
crazy.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited December 17, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back