• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

HELLO

D

**DONOTDELETE**

shocked.gif

Hi I am new here. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I received Technomage3 and a signed copy of 'The shadow Within'. i have just read the first of those and it was excellent. I really loved how Jeanne finished the triology, I thought it was perfect and (pun kinda intended) magical.
I was wondering if anyone knew about the posibility of further B5 books.

------------------
* "That hardly seems likely, does it?"

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited December 29, 2001).]

where did my pic of galen go admin?
crazy.gif

------------------

OOPs, my mistake. Appologies

------------------

Welcome! Jeanne Cavelos posts here occasionally. Have fun.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

Shit, Invoking Darkness is out already? Nuts, I have to wait till February before reaching Australia where I can definitely get it.

Without revealing any spoilers, just tell me one thing. Does it have a happy ending? Or at the very least, a sad but satisfying ending ala Sleeping in Light? You know, where most of the characters die but others live on and carry their legacy.

------------------
May the light of the Buddha, Dhamma and Sangha protect you.

May you all be well and happy, free from suffering, free from sickness.

I guess it doess, i'm glad to say.

------------------

wink.gif
...wheez! whooze! wheeze! whooze!
..........................................................................................
........................................................................................... NO! ......................................................................................
................................................................................... ....

Gary

------------------

[EDIT NOTE: Just added some spaces in the periods to allow the post to word-wrap - it was forcing the page width way over... - CB]

[This message has been edited by ChilliBear (edited December 29, 2001).]

Welcome to the board, GalenISmyPAL! (May that be shortened to GIMP or is that too... um... well, too short?
wink.gif
)

I just finished the whole trilogy over Christmas. Great stuff.
smile.gif

I'm glad I waited with ordering the books until Invoking Darkness was out as well, I don't think I'd have been able to wait for it after reading the first two!

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Regarding the "happy ending" I would like to remind you that the three books take place before the start of Crusade. Does that help?

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

What do the little diamonds by peoples handles stand for?
crazy.gif

------------------

The "little diamonds" represent how many posts we've made to this bulletin board. Those of us with five filled in have no lives outside B5LR.com!
blush.gif

If you click onto the little face & quetion mark above every post, you'll get data on the person posting -- including the number of posts.

Welcome aboard, I hope you have fun.

BTW, this thread really belongs in the Off-topic lounge, so don't be surprised or hurt if one of the moderators moves it there...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

No, it belongs in General. Off topic is for things that have nothing to do with B5 or other genre shows.

I would say it's a fairly happy ending for Galen. At least he seems calm.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Off topic is for things that have nothing to do with B5 or other genre shows.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And me. Off topic seems to be where I live.

I must pick up a couple of those books with my christmas cash.

------------------
Lyta had a little Vorlon
Her skin was pale as snow
And everywhere that Lyta went
Her Vorlon was sure to go.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I must pick up a couple of those books with my christmas cash. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would probably be of more use if you used the money to buy the books.
laugh.gif

Sorry.

*gets coat*

------------------
"SIR ALECA GUINNES CAPTIAVAETS US WIHT A GRIPPING AND POWERFAUL VISIION OF AN APOCALPYTIC WINDOW PROPPED OPEN WIHT A BLUE KAZOO" - Taco the Wonderdog, Wit and Wasdom
--
yan@ranger.b5lr.com

Welcome to the board as to your question I don' t think there are any new books although Del Rey is supposed to reissue books 7,9 later this year .

------------------

A grand welcome to the board.
smile.gif
As for new books, Jeanne said that there would be new books commissioned only if the sales of the Techno-Mage trilogy did really well. I -hope- it did well...I really hope it did well. I wouldn't mind reading a few more novels just as long as they are good.
smile.gif

Moving over to General.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back