• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Have you fallen and cant get up???

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
Joe, I can't offer more than sympathy for the rest of it, but for the mailbox post, I can suggest a piece of 3 inch galvanized pipe from your friendly plumbing supply house. Along with a wall flange screwed onto the top for attaching the box.

Anyone who tries to bend That down to the ground will have to do the labor of pulling out the concrete, too.
wink.gif

And, if they try running it over with a car or pick-em-up-truck, I'd bet on the truck taking more damage than the post.
laugh.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited August 06, 2001).]

geez man... its almost like ur the worlds punching bag... but dont worry... eventually the world will get tired of beating you up...

------------------
I have always been here...

Back to the Original question:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> JMS Speaks:

The arm broken was his right arm and wrist; we worked it into the show, in a way which actually worked well with what went right before it. Jerry's doing fine now.

Oddly enough, Jerry's broken arm tied *beautifully* into something that had happened in the course of the episode we were filming, so all it took was a line or two to sell it.

The funny thing is ... in the very next episode after the incident, there was a line in the script I'd written *weeks* earlier, and it freaked everybody out ... when Garibaldi asks someone to do something, and the person responds, "What, you've got a broken arm or something?" At first some people thought I'd put it in there to pink Jerry, but it'd been there the whole time.

Similarly, in the Claudia incident, there was a line (cut for time) where Sheridan says talking to the Drazi is like trying to talk to your right foot ... and Ivanova replies "I'll have you know I have a sublime relationship with my right foot."

Yep, the next day ... that's the foot she broke.

Just recently, I was trying to explain time travel to one of the actors. I used the analogy, over lunch, "Suppose you finished eating your chicken here, then got sick as a dog a few hours later, then got in a time machine to go back in time and warn yourself not to eat the chicken." Well, a few hours after that ... the actor got sick as a dog from the chicken.

I have been asked, expressly, not to make any further mention of actors' body parts in scripts....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Just wanted to add that the injury stories and a funny story of how Doyle got to the hospital and what he did while there on thegalacticgateway.com in the synopsisiseseses(I know that's not spelled right). They are more reviews than pure story overviews.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

Back