• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ha ha haaa! (Enterprise Spoilers)

Oh brother!

<font color="yellow"> Beginning of Spoilers Space! Highlight lines below to read. </font color>

<font color="#1E3957">

Ship blown to bits in space, and some of the beings not only survive re-entry without a ship, but end up in the antarctic, INTACT????

</font color>

<font color="yellow"> End of Spoiler Space. </font color>

If they want to jazz up Enterprise, I'd rather they just show T'Pol nekkid.
grin.gif

There is only one word to describe it: pitiful.

Perhaps two words: utterly pitiful.

And I'd like to know just why Earth doesn't seem to have kept very good records of the Enterprise's journies.
rolleyes.gif

I finally made the decision. I cancelled my vcr program that usually records Enterprise for me on Wednesday nights.

I am not watching the tapes anyhow. Why waste the time and energy?
frown.gif

Pitiful. It's just down-right pitiful.

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by hypatia: </font color>
And I'd like to know just why Earth doesn't seem to have kept very good records of the Enterprise's journies.
rolleyes.gif

...because the people they had in charge of those archives are the decsendants of the people who lost all of B5's CGI files at Warner Brothers.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Actually I think it might just work... let's not forget that the Enterprise-E fragged a Borg sphere above Earth in First Contact... Starfleet is a lot more "government" than "military/exploration" at this point in Trek's history than in, say, TNG. If anything was found in the Antarctic, it could have been covered up.

They're treading a fine line, though... a VERY fine line... they handled the episode with the Ferengi rather well, although I would have preferred to see the Ferengi looking more like they did in their first TNG episode.

There's something to be said for giving nods to certain Trek elements, but there's also something to be said about coming up with more original ideas... let's hope they get back to the latter...

Heh, you know, I once wrote a fanfic about the aftermath of the Borg attack in ST:FC ... yet I put it just months after the 2061 timeframe and almost no one other than the characters involved knew about the second Borg attack (a small colony beamed down before the end of the movie no one knew about). Given it was still post-WWIII chaos, it easily got lost.

SPOILERS for those who haven't read the linked article:
I could see "Enterprise" get away with this IF (yes, big IF) the crew never see the Borg face to face. If they just hear about cyborgs (nothing new there) in a hijacked / modified Earth ship, they wouldn't know it was the Borg. However, given there are cast listings for "stunt Borg" ... Also, if the modified ship can catch up to the Enterprise in such ashort time ... it should zoom by them so fast it'll barely be a blip on their sensors! How they gonna stop it? Heh.

LondosHair, I can see how it might just possibly work. Like the Romulans who were heard but never seen.

The real point is that it is painfully clear that these guys have no original ideas whatsoever anymore.
rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back