• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Got Popcorn?

Glacophane

Regular
I just read this and thought I would pass it along..this would certainly make for a very long night at the movies. :p

New Line Cinema will re-release The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, with additional scenes and footage added, just two weeks before the worldwide December 17 release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

The plan calls for putting the films on 100-150 screens in the top 10 U.S. markets. Many other U.S. cities will have one cinema participating in the special extended edition screenings. Running times for the extended editions are 208 minutes for "Fellowship of the Ring" and 214 minutes for "The Two Towers."

Advanced ticket sales are scheduled to begin in late September or early October on exhibitor Web sites and movie ticketing sites like Fandango, MovieFone and Movietickets.com.

Starting the week of Dec. 5, the extended DVD cut of "Fellowship of the Ring" will be released in some 100 or so theaters in the U.S. and in 20 theaters in Canada.

Then, the week of Dec. 12, "The Two Towers" will be released, leading up to a worldwide Dec. 16 daylong marathon, during which all three films will be shown back-to-back. The screenings that day will include a 3 p.m. showing of "Fellowship" followed by a 7 p.m. screening of "Two Towers" and then an 11 p.m. screening of "Return of the King," which will carry over into Dec. 17 -- the day of its global release.

I think I'll go clean some fluff from my belly button... that's more fun. :D

And then perhaps knit a sweater out of said lint. I think that would make a much more constructive project. :)

Rommie ;)

I would be interested in seeing the first two films again in the theater again but all three in one day? Holy crap! :eek:

Oh please, none of you guys ever watched the Star Wars trilogy in one sitting?

I might do this Lord of the Rings thing.

Back