• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'Kar's role in TLaDiS

G\'Kar\'s role in TLaDiS

This is so obvious that I'm sure someone else has already mentioned it, but I guess I'll speak up anyway:

In the trailer for B5LR:TLaDiS (that's one heck of an acronym), G'Kar says something about finding a city billions of years old. Doesn't it seem likely that this has something to do with his travels with Lyta, and that perhaps the plot of TLaDiS involves the Rangers investigating something that G'Kar and Lyta found on their journey? This would jive with the fact that we know that we'll see a new alien race in the TV movie (the race of Mackenzie Gray's character).

------------------

Re: G\'Kar\'s role in TLaDiS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
hypatia--ask Antony. He seems to know more than he's revealing.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, yes, and therin lies the problem.
shocked.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

G'Kar will be involved in the mission because JMS said back before the "fan favorite" was revealed that the character was "all through the script." He also said that he wasn't stupid enough to fly an actor first class to Vancouver and put him up in a good hotel just to have him do a "cameo" in the movie.

As for a tie-in to Lyta and G'Kar's travels. 1) G'Kar clearly says "They've found a city..." 2) The movie takes place something like a year after Lyta and G'Kar returned from exile. He's only bringing this up now?

If I had to guess from the few seconds of film we've seen, I'd say that G'Kar is given this data crystal by someone else and has hand-carried it to the Rangers for some reason, likely security. (Maybe the Narn are moving back out into space again and, stumbling upon something unknown, brought it to G'Kar's attention.)

BTW, am I the only one who wants to see new stuff in this movie? As fond as I am of B5 and as much as I hope we see old characters in the eventual series, I don't understand this impulse to see some connection to the old series in every single glimpse we get of Rangers. Some people want to see the Crusade story wrapped up in it (or even have it turn into Crusade a couple of years in.) Others want to see Vorlons and Shadows and other First Ones. I've even seen posts (on other sites) claiming they can't do a series and call it B5 if it doesn't star all or most of the original cast. (Yeah, like Paramount was never able to do another Star Trek series without Shatner and Nimoy.
smile.gif
)

I'm hoping that every plot point and line of dialogue doesn't tie-in to something we already know. I'd like to see new ships, new aliens, new characters and new adventures in a familiar universe. All the stuff that was there in JMS's notes and that we didn't get to see in B5 because it was too peripheral to the main story. I don't want everything in the movie to have visible roots in something we've already seen or heard about. To me that would just be boring.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

[This message has been edited by Joseph DeMartino (edited June 24, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Springob:
hypatia--ask Antony. He seems to know more than he's revealing.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AS IFFFF.
laugh.gif

Tid bit, just for you all...

---

G'Kar: "I greatly appreciate the ride, Captain."
David: "My pleasure, G'Kar. You know, word has it that you spent the last few years just... wandering the galaxy."

---

Who knows what he got up to in that time...

------------------
Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus..."
Glory: "Please, call me Glory. And get up, looking at you is hurting my neck."
Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one. I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimme."

Thank you, thank you, Antony!! (We need an emoticon for kisses!) We will starve to death without a morsel thrown in our direction every now and then! Another interesting tidbit. And I thought you’d just scoff at us. And only 6 more months of this. Gaaaaaaaaaahh.

And Joe: I agree with you completely. If JMS just recycled old races and storylines, etc, I’d be sadly disappointed in “Rangers”. I have just loved his radio-type plays on scifi.com’s Seeing Ear Theater, just because it was so different. I want more of the B5 universe, but I don’t want to think that B5 was ALL that there was to the B5 universe!
wink.gif

------------------
"Why not? Only 1 Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Whenever it seems like you've got it all figured out watch your back. JMS is setting you up for a big fall.

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:

I'm hoping that every plot point and line of dialogue doesn't tie-in to something we already know. I'd like to see new ships, new aliens, new characters and new adventures in a familiar universe. All the stuff that was there in JMS's notes and that we didn't get to see in B5 because it was too peripheral to the main story. I don't want everything in the movie to have visible roots in something we've already seen or heard about. To me that would just be boring.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK I agree about not every plot pint etc tying in with Crusade etc but it would be good if there was some..Like G'kar being there fun.

I want teh show to be related to B5/crusade but to be different a little ..but I strill want to see old people and maybe tie up a couple of old threads...as long as it isn't forced...

I trust JMS to do a good job on the show anyway
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:

I'm hoping that every plot point and line of dialogue doesn't tie-in to something we already know. I'd like to see new ships, new aliens, new characters and new adventures in a familiar universe.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, as far as I can tell, that's exactly what JMS has promised. Of course, he's being typically Vorlon about the whole thing. But we also know that he hates to repeat himself. He seems to constantly be looking for New ways to mess with our poor mixed up little minds.

And doesn't even feel guilty about being the one who messed them up in the first place.
wink.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

That's what I thought too... But it sounded as if he says in the teaser "They found...", not "we" or "I" found.
crazy.gif

Oh well. Another little mystery waiting to be solved. I'm very curious, though.
tongue.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say."

Why would G'kar even be involved in this mission? He's not exactly one of the Rangers. (I know its too early to ask these questions, but I can't help it. We can't help it!)
tongue.gif

------------------

"They" could still be a group of people/aliens that G'Kar and Lyta encountered on their journey. Or he could be referring to a city that he and Lyta visited that was first discovered by "them", whoever "they" are.

------------------

hypatia,

If you want an emoticon for kisses, then just use
tongue.gif
and slap a big wet one on Antony!
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

ROTFLOL. Funny, I never looked at that icon in quite that way before. But don't you think that would be a bit, well, presumptuous of me?
shocked.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
BTW, am I the only one who wants to see new stuff in this movie? As fond as I am of *B5* and as much as I hope we see old characters in the eventual series, I don't understand this impulse to see some connection to the old series in every single glimpse we get of *Rangers*.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right on Joe. I think there are some who want b5LR to just become Season 6 of B5 plus Season's 1.5 and 2 of Crusade. I want knew stuff with some tie in the old (e.g., a wise character from B5 guiding a new crew). Plus some of the back stories that were never told. Come on who doesn't want the new crew to visit the Pak'ma'ra homeworld. Or maybe have a few more Gaim thrown in to a story.

(Yeah, like Paramount was never able to do another *Star Trek* series without Shatner and Nimoy.
smile.gif
)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course maybe they shouldn't have
wink.gif
or at least learned when to stop and regroup.

------------------

[This message has been edited by curt (edited June 25, 2001).]

I don't want to see a regurgitated version of B5 either. However, I would like to see the occasional guest appearance of the old cast IF it goes to series. Assuming there would be 22 episodes per season, I wouldn't mind if one took place on Tuzanoor and one at the station B5. But apart from that sort of input I agree with Joe -- new races, new faces, new places.
wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Yeah, like Paramount was never able to do another *Star Trek* series without Shatner and Nimoy. )

Of course maybe they shouldn't have or at least learned when to stop and regroup.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What they should have learned is the difference between a Story and a "Franchise".

This isn't some Deep Space Franchise! This place Stands for something!"
laugh.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

It would be nice to have at least something related to the Drakh plague arc during Rangers, but of course if they'd just do Crusade over from the beginning, that'd be even better, if not very probable.

But you never know what kind of wildcards JMS might be holding in his sleeve...

------------------
--
Henry Vistbacka [aka glouph]
henry.vistbacka@luukku.com
"Cherish this moment, for happiness is elusive."

[This message has been edited by glouph (edited July 01, 2001).]

Are we certain that the Drakh do not have more intense weapons like the one used on Earth to begin the "Crusade" storyline? The Drakh could easily come back as a future threat, couldn't they?

And, BTW, would my previous sentences be counted as "story ideas"? I think that's what horrifies me the most about the restrictions discussed in another thread here. If JMS really has to be completely certain he never hears an odd fan thought that might possibly be used in future scripts, all of our fun would have to cease and desist, if you know what I mean.
frown.gif

------------------

I hope that, if it turns into a series, rangers covers new territory while explaining the organization and it's inner workings. I do not want it to be B5 revisited. However, if guest shots from the former crew might occasionally forward the story, I am all for them of course. I was pleased to find out that the new movie centered on the rangers. Marcus was my favorite character and losing him and Neroon in the same season was just too much.

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back