• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'Kar takes a trip on the Enterprise

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
G\'Kar takes a trip on the Enterprise

From the news, if anyone hasn't seen:

Andreas Katsulas (B5's G'Kar) will be guest starring in Enterprise later this season. Andreas will star as an alien from a new race called the Vissians.

The synopsis for the episode, titled "Cogenitor", reads: "While studying a star in the early stages of going supernova, Enterprise encounters a race called the Vissians. The two crews get along famously, until Trip Tucker gets a little too curious about a member of the species' third gender—a nameless individual called a 'cogenitor'".

It isn't Andreas's first stint in Star Trek—he previously guest starred in The Next Generation as the Romulan Tomalak.

The episode is set to air on April 30, and we'll bring you more news when we have it.

To read more, check out the original report at TrekToday:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/280203_02.shtml

So, what does everyone think of this little turn of events? Will you all tune in?

Re: G\'Kar takes a trip on the Enterprise

If someone lets me know when it's airing, yea, I'll probably check it out. At least I know there will be one good actor in it.
tongue.gif

I doubt I'll watch it - I just can't stomach Enterprise. The Star Trek franchise has really blown since DS9, IMHO.

Even someone as cool as Katsulas may not be able to save that trash!

Antony, an FYI... the link you've provided has an extra bold tag inside the UBL url code causing it to come up dead.

Regards,

-Tim

Haven't they already done an episode about a third gender or am i thinking of an Asimov book?

I don't know, but there was a third gender on Alien Nation. They were basically males except they had different, uh, equipment.

I can't remember what they were called, but I think their name implied their function, which was to help the women get pregnant. When a Tenctonese couple wanted to have a child, they would have a religious ceremony in which the "Third" would perform his part of the deal on the wife, and only then would the husband's sexual actions successfully bring about the conception of the child.

The Thirds were not part of the marriage. They were more like religious figures and since they brought about life, their work was considered sacred.

Not exactly, Nancy.
laugh.gif
The three were never in the room at the same time. The "third" was a catalyst, basically.

I forget what they were called, too. But Albert (Alfred?) was one of them.

I remember that episode. Even with the bad acting that was a good series. I got confused with an episode of TNG where Riker falls for an alien who has no gender. That crazy Riker he'd hit anything that moves

Asimov did write a book about aliens with three genders. It was called The Gods Themselves. Good book

I remember that episode. Even with the bad acting that was a good series.

Bad acting? Everyone or just certain actors?

I'll agree a lot of people on the show had their bad acting moments now and then, and the Matthew Sikes character was often over the top.

However, I think Eric Pierpoint--who has never impressed me in anything else he's done--was perfect as George Francisco. That was such a complex character. George was, normally, a perky, amusing, intellectual, and family-oriented man, but he had a dark, disturbing past, and I think the actor perfectly conveyed the character's occasional bouts with rage and intense passion for the wellfare and survival of his own people.

I think only Babylon 5 has had actors who can perform such emotion as well through the alien make-up. In fact, I would consider the role of George Francisco one of my all-time favorite TV characters and one of the best sci-fi performances I've seen. Pierpoint was not as good as Andreas Katsulas as G'Kar, but he was only a few steps behind.

Who here thinks Kirk must be Riker's granddad?
Either they have some damn good contraceptive methods in the future ... or Kirk probably has hundreds of hybraid children across this side of the galaxy.
grin.gif
Not sure about being Riker's granddady ... Kirk usually prefered the alien women with only a few same-species exceptions.

You're right ninja squirrel. He was the only ok actor. The human character was just plain awful. Like in Kung Fu the legend continues. I don't know his name but the son of Cane. "I'm a cop. That's who I am. That's what i do." That always cracks me up. A lot of shows have had bad acting that are saved by just how cool the writing and concepts are.

Like in Kung Fu the legend continues. I don't know his name but the son of Cane. "I'm a cop. That's who I am. That's what i do." That always cracks me up.

Chris Potter played Peter Caine. I always got a chuckle out of that line, too.
smile.gif

I recently saw his name connected with the upcoming Wrinkle in Time movie (miniseries?).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back