• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Gary Cole update

Amen to that -- The Simpsons experienced what is probably its finest season to date (or ever) during its 1994-95 run...practically every single episode fired upon every cylinder, with even the small, completely unrelated tangential sub-pieces cooking and simply flying in a fashion we haven't seen before or since.

Given the state of the series today...ehhhnnn...I would rather take one of the opening teaser plots from those earlier days over an entire season of today's Simpsons; two minutes of film back then possessed more fire and life a hundred times over compared with what we're given now; the constant turnover in the writing staff during the last several years certainly didn't do the show any favors, and the characters are hollow echoes of what they once were, with many (including the patriarch) completely unrecognizable.

Now, how did I get off on such an off-topic rant...??

------------------

[This message has been edited by Leto II (edited July 21, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JazzMan:
Mixed feelings here as well. I really thought that Cole brought Gideon to life -- and that Gideon's character was by far the best starship captain character I've ever seen on tv (Kirk included). I would like nothing more than to see Crusade renewed with Cole as Gideon.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second that motion. And third, and fourth and fifth.

I love Gary Cole. I got a kick out of him as Mike Brady (there was nothing else redeeming about the flicks other than him, but that is only my opinion)

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jomar:
I must confess I wasn't crazy about Gary Cole at first, it took me three or four episodes to get used to him. However, I now think he's a 'natural' compared to Kevin Sorbo on Andromeda.

Please, Sorbo fans, don't hit me
shocked.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was told that Andromeda was originally (idea) written along with Star Trek TOS. When it was time to pick something to hawk and build, Roddenberry went with the idea of Star Trek instead of Andromeda and Andromeda stayed in the safe at the Roddenberry house. Taking that into consideration because it was kept similarly along the writing lines of Star Trek TOS, Sorbo is perfect in the role as the gung ho captain, the problem is the extreme lack of crew and the show is not taking any growth potential. I would love to see them bring in some new characters and infuse them into the crew. Although I would want to keep Dylan, Tyr, Beka, Trance and Seamus. It might have added a great element if they could have found a way to bring Sam into the future with them. But, Harper's thingy didn't work. Sob. . .

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:
I love Gary Cole. I got a kick out of him as Mike Brady (there was nothing else redeeming about the flicks other than him, but that is only my opinion)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, I thought the middle sister hearing voices telling her to kill the older one was pretty damn funny!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Originally posted by GideonsMine:
I love Gary Cole. I got a kick out of him as Mike Brady (there was nothing else redeeming about the flicks other than him, but that is only my opinion)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, I thought the middle sister hearing voices telling her to kill the older one was pretty damn funny!

I did too. Whole movie cracked me up considering I watched the original show all those many years ago. LOLOLOL. I was a big Partridge Family fan too.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

I feel kind of guilty reading this thread and agreeing somewhat. Basically we're all here hoping Gary Cole's career crashes and burns just so that he can come back to Crusade IF it's brought back. LOL!

If Crusade is to be picked up, then I hope the guy doesn't get a steady job, so he can come back. I agree with the above sentiment. Capt. Gideon is DEFINITELY my favorite sci-fi captain. I liked Picard and Sheridan, but there was a quality about Gideon that was just a whole lot of fun, to watch. Just from those 13 episodes I liked him a lot better than I ever did Sheridan.

But if Crusade doesn't get picked up, then I hope he lands a good series. The guy's a good actor and was great in American Gothic. And it'd be a shame if someone as talented as him doesn't manage to get a role on a long-lasting series. Though I'd much prefer it if that series were Crusade.

------------------
Lochley: You know what you are?

Gideon: Ruggedly handsome?

Lochley: A control freak!

Gideon: Can't I be both?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back