• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Gary Cole reprises an old role (and it's not Gideon)

Lenonn

Gary Cole reprises an old role (and it\'s not Gideon)

According to Zap2It, he his reprising his role of Mike Brady for the new television movie The Brady Bunch in the White House. Once again, he works alongside Shelly Long.
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?20727

------------------
We say atoms are bound by
weak attractors.

Why not admit the truth:
The universe is held together by love.

Michio von Kerr,
Wayist physicist,
CY 9942

GENE RODDENBERRY'S ANDROMEDA
"BANKS OF THE LETHE"

Re: Gary Cole reprises an old role (and it\'s not Gideon)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lenonn:
According to Zap2It, he his reprising his role of Mike Brady for the new television movie The Brady Bunch in the White House. Once again, he works alongside Shelly Long.
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?20727

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awww...why did he have to say yes to this???

invalensname

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Awww...why did he have to say yes to this???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, look on the bright side.

If an idea That Bad can get funding, there's a chance for a B5 Movie to get funding.

They gotta be gettin desperate out there in Hollywierd.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
crazy.gif
wink.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by invalensname:
Awww...why did he have to say yes to this???

invalensname

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually the second movie of this Brady Bunch series was really funny, believe it or not. And Gary Cole is perfectly cast for the role.

laugh.gif

------------------
"Things change...Long time gone."

I just wish it could have been either Gideon or Sheriff Buck.

One of the best questions from an interview I've seen was the official B5 magazine's interview with Gary Cole, which went something along the lines of, "On a rating of one to ten, with Mike Brady being one and Sheriff Buck being ten, just how evil is Captain Gideon?" Cole laughed and guessed at "around seven", but pointed out that he was just getting into the character and didn't know what JMS had planned. Interesting, no?

------------------

A shame that it wasn't Midnight Caller. or American Gothic!!! Those are programmes I wouldn't mind seeing more of. Gary Cole seems to have bad luck when it comes to TV shows, doesn't he? Midnight Caller lasted what? Two, three seasons? Okay, that's better than most Tv series ever do - but even so. And American Gothic - not even one season. It's not Cole's fault - he is a good actor, just that the shows's that he's on don't seemt to rate very highly.
PS - I'm not sure if this is correct, but didn't Gary Cole play Custer in a mini-series or something - Son of the Morning Star, I think it was called. And if he did, was it a sympathetic portrayal - or was Custer played as the bas**** that many have come to see him as?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> And American Gothic - not even one season. It's not Cole's fault - he is a good actor, just that the shows's that he's on don't seemt to rate very highly.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

American Gothic did make one full season of 22 episodes, but for some reason the network decided only to air 18 of them originally. The remaining four have been aired worldwide since then.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> PS - I'm not sure if this is correct, but didn't Gary Cole play Custer in a mini-series or something - Son of the Morning Star, I think it was called. And if he did, was it a sympathetic portrayal - or was Custer played as the bas**** that many have come to see him as? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he did play the part of Custer and I felt it was a very balanced portrayal, nicely blurred shades of grey, nothing too clear cut.

This is the sort of role that GC excels in. He plays a wonderfully charming villain in AG and a rogue of a hero in Crusade. It would have been fascinating to see how dark the role of Gideon would have become *sigh*

------------------
Demon

gary as mike again?
i actually thought the silly things were funny! he was a much funnier mike brady than the original and he actually seemd to enjoyed getting his butt pinched by shelly!

i too thought son of the morning star was a good role for gary... custer is a very interesting character and gc played him close to how he must have been as far as i can tell from the bios ive read.

alex

------------------
"I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."--Max eilerson

What I've wanted for years is for someone to make a movie of Normin Spinrad's classic Bug Jack Barron with Gary Cole as Jack Barron. Maybe it's just memories of him as a DJ in Midnight Caller, but I think he'd play the part really well. Anyone else read the novel?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> custer is a very interesting character and gc played him close to how he must have been as far as I can tell from the bios I've read. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean as an ego driven officer who set out one day to murder a bunch of Indians hoping the publicity would help his plans to go into Politics and run for President??

That was Custer in a nutshell.

During the Civil war, he was the youngest officer ever promoted to General.
When the war was over and he was told that he would have to go back to being a Colonel because the army didn't Need that many generals anymore, it messed up his Ego pretty bad.
Afterwards, he was determined to find any opportunity to grab "Glory" and prove the army was Wrong to demote him.

A shame he got so many other people killed over his hurt feelings.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back