• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

From JMS Re. The Quotes Book

KoshN

Super Moderator
The emphasis is mine.

----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: from jms: b5 quote book needs you

> >Didn't know just how fine a split was being put on submissions.
> >It'd be nice to be able to use quotes from Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers.
> >
>
> They're all equally valid for the book.
>
> jms
>
> (jmsatb5@aol.com)
> (all message content (c) 2002 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
> permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
> and don't send me story ideas)

I can understand why he wouldn't want people sending him story ideas, but does anyone know what the deal with SFX is? Did they do something to piss him off, or what?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by solaris5:
<font color=yellow>I can understand why he wouldn't want people sending him story ideas, but does anyone know what the deal with SFX is? Did they do something to piss him off, or what?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

1. Haven't we already been over this about three billion times?

2. Off-Topic is 1 post, ... a new record! /ubbthreads/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

1. Not with me we haven't.
2. What on earth are you talking about?

As to number 1, well, if you don't have the slightest patience to explain something when I ask, then don't expect me not to snap on you when you do something stupid. My being considerate demands a return.

<font color=yellow>1. Not with me we haven't.
2. What on earth are you talking about?

As to number 1, well, if you don't have the slightest patience to explain something when I ask, then don't expect me not to snap on you when you do something stupid. My being considerate demands a return.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

1. I'll have to do a search of the threads here at B5LR but I could have sworn this has been discussed here before, and you've been here for a long time right?

2. The topic is the quotes book and the fact that Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers quotes are acceptable, which is the actual "content" of the JMS post, not the frellin' sig that JMS uses.

<font color=yellow>I can understand why he wouldn't want people sending him story ideas, but does anyone know what the deal with SFX is? Did they do something to piss him off, or what?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Sol, it was discussed briefly a couple of months ago, and the pertinent postings are linked.

Check out this thread: <a target="_blank" href=http://64.91.237.231/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB8&Number=38406&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=> SFX Thread</a> .

Short of it is, yes, they did do something to piss him off and a whole lot of other people as well.

Ro

Back