• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

FOTR easter eggs

Lyta

I recently read about this on a mailing list that I am on and don't remember seeing a mention of it here.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/375/375119p1.html

I found the two easter eggs on the Extended Version DVD (R1). Only one is really worth it in my opinion ... the MTV spoof of the council of Elrond scene with Sarah Michelle Gellar (that Buffy chick /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) and some other guy I didn't recognize.

That scene will never be the same. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The second egg was a trailer of TTT and while it was good, I am just not a fan of trailers that reveal too much about the movie. *shrug* I am just glad I watched it after seeing TTT.

I just heard about those from another message board I'm on. While I laughed at the spoof, it really was of bad taste. (The other guys name was Jack Black. I will never forget his name. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif)

OMG! Doctor Gonzo! Damn I havent seen you post in a while! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

both "easter eggs" as very good /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

disc2 TTT trailer is the BEST trailer i have seen. By miles better than "official trailer". /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dics1 MTV spoof is very funny...Jack Black is good comedian and Sarah Michelle Gellar is as good as ever (as a whole it is much much better than similar Spiderman spoof) /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Correct, Jack Black of Tenacious D fame.
Heh, I was reading this just as I was changing my sig /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Anyhoo, the spoof isn't on UK Region 2 discs since it wouldn't have got a PG rating otherwise. Fux0r /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

The F in FOTR? FOTR is short for Fellowship of the Ring, as far as I know. It's easier to say that "1st movie of LOTR". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you for alerting me to the Easter eggs. I got FOTR for Christmas and had hoped that the TT trailer would be on it. Being R2, we only have the trailer, but I wouldn't have found it probably without your help.

If they had wanted to put a spoof on the R2 discs, they should have talked to the BBC and used the 'French and Saunders' version. It is scarily good.

Yeah, I read somewhere that the MTV spoof wasn't on the R2 discs (which is why I specified which region I had). Too bad really since it is sick but funny. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I finally took a look at it... yes, sick but funny is quite the right way to put it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It was integrated into the actual scene really well, anyway... quite seamlessly. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, I read somewhere that the MTV spoof wasn't on the R2 discs (which is why I specified which region I had). Too bad really since it is sick but funny.
MTV spoof isnt only in UK R2 version. I have an "east europe" R2/R5 version and this has it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My hubby corrected me and said that it wasn't all R2 discs but only for those sold in/for the UK. Silly brits with their darn rating system. Guess you will have to download the spoof in order to see it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nope, sorry. I just assume that like with most things that get circulated around the net that this spoof would as well.

Oh well, I had to ask /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm one of the victims of the UK rating system that excluded that spoof, and would love to have seen it, although I'd have to agree that the French and Saunders sketch would have been a wonderful substitution /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back