• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

For you who don't have a DVD player...

Elizar

Beyond the rim
For you who don\'t have a DVD player...

Many of the B5 VHS are being re-released. I'd buy them, if I didn't have a DVD player. But, not all of us have them. Here's the Amazon.com list: B5 videos at Amazon.For those of you who think you are special for having Mozilla :lol

Edited the link. - Kribu

Re: For you who don\'t have a DVD player...

They aren't being re-released, Amazon is just using the interest generated by the DVD boxed set to try and unload its old stock of tapes. They didn't even have the decency to cut the price, as the UK dealers did when the VHS tapes were discontinued over there.

The big problem for U.S. fans buying these WHV tapes is that the set is incomplete. All episodes from S1 and S5 are available, 12 from S2, 6 from S4 and none from S3. Leaves rather a large hole in the arc.

At around $15 a tape (plus shipping, if applicable) buying the 62 episodes available from Amazon would cost $465. At around $80 a season on DVD the cost for all 110 episodes would be $400.

From a cost/benefit standpoint, I couldn't justify buying the VHS tapes even if I didn't have a DVD player. For an extra $40 bucks or so I could buy all the DVDs and a player for the same money that half the series would cost on VHS.

If you're bound and determined to overpay to own the series on VHS, you'd be far better off going with Columbia House. Their two-episode tapes will cost you about $25 each ($275 a season, almost $1400 for the full set), but at least you'd get all the episodes. Of course, for that kind of money you could buy all the DVDs, a player, and a modest surround sound system. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

I agree, the price is horid!

When they said that it will be "released November 5th"(exact quote), I thought that they were re-releasing them. So, they're just gathering up a lot, or have they been hoarding?

Yikes, edit that url man. Too much horizontal scroll. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

What? When I click on it, I don't get any horizontal scrolls. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Oh, ok then. I just use explorer all the time, I forget about the other things.
Well, I don't know how to fix url's. Sorry.

That is what those handy links under the "Instant UBB Code" is for. Click the URL link and put a name for you link in the popup dialog box and that should be it. Either that or just type it in yourself:

This is my URL

Almost. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif You have to remove the URL from the description of your link. That is what makes it too wide.

PS: Now there are more posts about the width of your URL than about the videos. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Yeah! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif I guess the message is being lost... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Okay, this is on topic (sorta) ... which is now off topic given the last 3/4 of this thread, heh ... but I would probably buy the DVD set even if I didn't have a player (at the moment my only player is a 3 year old one that came with my computer - I probably wouldn't have one otherwise). I think B5 is just that important - plus it helps ensure the continuation of fan interest and the WB's interest. Of course I'd then be tempted to buy a DVD player then, heh. My Mom wants a set herself even though she doesn't have a player. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Well said! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

This thread is just kinda for those "old Fashion" people who don't like change. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back