• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Finally Got My Crusade VCDs

KoshN

Super Moderator
The only things I noticed were some artifacts (jaggies on sharp edges like the WB logo or on the Excalibur as it moves through space), and the smoothness of the ships in the CGI as they fly past (seems a little stilted and jerky compared to the tapes I made of TNT's and Sci-Fi's airings).

Nice to be totally without commercials of any kind though. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Sounds pretty cool. Definately something worth having. Glad you like it. Where exactly did you get them?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sinclair:
<font color=yellow>Sounds pretty cool. Definately something worth having. Glad you like it. Where exactly did you get them?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

From eBay Seller "lockermax" in Quezon City, Philippines.

<a target="_blank" href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1534812489>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1534812489</a>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Nice to be totally without commercials of any kind though. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
<deep sigh> I'm so jealous. FACT are still trying to sort out the mess they made of my transaction.

Congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow><deep sigh> I'm so jealous. FACT are still trying to sort out the mess they made of my transaction.

Congratulations! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I don't know how anybody could think that they weren't legit, if they were like mine:

<ul type="square">[*] In shrinkwrap.
[*] WB Logo tape was sealing the CD case opening (under the shrinkwrap).
[*] All of the VCDs had full cover art.
[/list]

There are legit ones, yes - seen them on sale at the B5 shop

but of course, there are also non-legit ones as well

still cool to have /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>I don't know how anybody could think that they weren't legit, if they were like mine:

<ul type="square">[*] In shrinkwrap.
[*] WB Logo tape was sealing the CD case opening (under the shrinkwrap).
[*] All of the VCDs had full cover art.
[/list]</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Which is why they're now so embarrassed and running around like headless chickens trying to replace them!

When you get yours, if any of the discs have WB stickers on the disc (naturally, on the art side of the disc, DO NOT try to remove them. If you do, you could damage the discs.

Two of mine ("War Zone" and "The Long Road") have the stickers right on the discs. I was going to peel them off but a buddy told me that the information layer is on the side closest to the art, and peeling the stickers off might ruin the discs. I was worried about then causing excessive vibration due to causing an out-of-balance condition. However, they played OK with the stickers on them (~half-way between the spindle and the edge).

Just wanted to pass that on.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Elizar:
<font color=yellow>I'm very happy for you KoshN. That's a great thing to have! /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back