• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Favorite Crusade Episode

the x-file episode was really the best one i can remember...

the whole
"whats that smell"
scene was alright,

Gideon finally finding a nice place to crash...

and how many shows have the captain of a starship dumping $hit onto his crew...

this and many other eps are my fav...

-----------------------------
onto the Gideon EVA suit thing... didnt he go into a suit on the episode with the body snatcher things... & with all the air sucked out of the level, he was pretty much in space again... so this shows he didn't have much fear of the suits...

------------------
I have no one to envy...
I envy you having me to envy...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> onto the Gideon EVA suit thing... didnt he go into a suit on the episode with the body snatcher things... & with all the air sucked out of the level, he was pretty much in space again... so this shows he didn't have much fear of the suits...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ITA, no fear of suits, but maybe not fond of going out into space in one. The times we saw him in a suit was on a planet and inside the Excalibur

------------------
Demon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
'Appearances and Other Deceits'

I liked getting the Nightwatch guy back and his comments about how he has learned to adapt to changes. I loved Kevin the Fascist Fashion Designer, and his interaction with John Matheson.

The episode gave Max some good opportunities for soul searching and Gideon some good action scenes.

I've always wondered if Gideon allowed Matheson to lead the away team to the alien vessel because he has a problem with going out into space in a suit, after the Cerberus. This is the only time we see Gideon not leading a mission himself.

I love the opportunity the episode gave Gary Cole to show his comedy skills in his interactions with Kevin and the new uniforms.

Great switch of emotions right at the end from the 'bellhop' comment to dictating the letters to the families of the dead crewmen. Very poignant.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this ep you get a true glimpse of what he is like as a Captain.

As a man, I personally loved the interaction between Gideon and Galen when they go to the thing in hyperspace to lay the essense of Isabelle on it. The potential was there, not realized yet, but oooooo soooooo there.

"I didn't ask ya how you screwed me, I asked you why?!" ("there's what question again")

Loved it.

Gideon exercising

oh my, now i need a cold cold shower

yikes

hehehehehe

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
ITA, no fear of suits, but maybe not fond of going out into space in one. The times we saw him in a suit was on a planet and inside the Excalibur

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. Plus he is a strong minded man, maybe he isn't harboring any intense fear, who knows. Something to explore when the show starts refilming.

I have intense hope.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>As a man, I personally loved the interaction between Gideon and Galen when they go to the thing in hyperspace to lay the essense of Isabelle on it. The potential was there, not realized yet, but oooooo soooooo there.

"I didn't ask ya how you screwed me, I asked you why?!" ("there's what question again")

Loved it.

Gideon exercising

oh my, now i need a cold cold shower <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm, that's Well of Forever, not Appearances and Other Deceits
smile.gif

In that episode my favourite scene has to be

"It's MATING with us?! I want it off my ship, I want it off my ship NOW!"

shocked.gif

------------------
Demon

i liked galens comment about " not the sort of first contact id envisioned " in that one. i love the incredulous look on Gideon's face when he realizes what the fen is doing.

my favorite episode is The Rules of the Game cause Max kicks arse! i love a smart man.. specially as yummy a man as Max is!

and id have been okay with taking taking a "shower" with Matthew too... dont hit me demon and gideonsmine... im perfectly happy fantasizing about Max!

alex

------------------
"I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."--Max eilerson

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> when he realizes what the fen is doing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, of course, you DO realize that "fen" is the Plural of FAN ??
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

JMS zinged us All.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

[This message has been edited by bakana (edited September 20, 2001).]

In WELL OF FOREVER,

"I didn't wanna ask how you screwed me, but why?"

"There's that question again"

----

The AGAIN part is when Dureena was asking questions to Galen about Why? and it was a question that upset him. Because he wanted to know the one question. Why the universe took Isabelle away from him.

------------------
"It is the Errors and faults of we,
That we fight for our nation,
Against a darkness that we forever see."

Once, and only once, in the nine episodes where there is a need to leave the ship to go to an unknown and potentially unsafe destination, does Gideon allow Matheson to lead the party.

Matheson's telepathic powers could have been useful on other occasions too, so why does Gideon let him lead this one but not the others?

Two reasons are possible as far as I can see:

1) As you said, a favour to a friend. If John likes going out in spacesuits, Gideon might give up the opportunity himself.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matheson likes going out in a spacesuit in hyperspace, because of it's boost on his telepathic abilities. In The Well of Forever, he experienced it for the first time, but he'd always wanted to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
2) Gideon has a phobia after the Cerberus incident.

I think the latter interpretation is quite possible. It might actually be surprising if he didn't have a phobia after such a trauma!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really can't see Gideon giving in to that. He'd be more likely to go the other way, and go out in a suit more often, to conquer the phobia.

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for the new series
"Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2, 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.