• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Fav Quotes

SamGadsby

Regular
I go to several message boards on-line. This one, Delphi, WB, Everything-about, yiddie, yadda, yadda. I always see one of these strings.

What are your favorite quotes?

Galen: (picture the accent)
"Never contradict a Technomage when he's saving your life; again."

"If you wanted to think you should have never joined the military in the first place."

"Oh, look. Something Dreadful." (As his homunculous is gutted)

"If I'm going to die, I'd rather do so in a room with a view."

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

I think everyone can guess my fav Galen quote, since its in my sig. But, I also like:
"I have no surviving enemies at all."
And, I really loved the way JMS worded this phrase:
"The truth is...out of fashion"

As far as B-5, one of my favs is Ivanova:
"I think you're about to go where everyone's gone before."

invalensname

------------------
"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

Max: You have a magic rock, that provides you with a mystical place, that is a metaphorical book, that gives you answers to questions that we haven't asked yet, and you want us to spend days in hyperspace, based on that?

Gideon: Never eat anything bigger than your head. Never play pool at a place called "Pop's," and never eat at a place called "Mom's."

Gideon: You like going nowhere at 120mph?
Galen: Of course. That is man's natural direction.

^---- Sounds so much like the last three weeks of the semester...

... and Galen's whole "no surviving enemies... at all" line takes on so much more depth after reading Casting Shadows.

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

LOL I just went and had anotehr read of all those quote you copies down Star very amusing.

Great place to go for a laugh
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Im going to start making a list of quotes when I watch B5/Crusade because these shows have the funniest quotes from all my favorite shows. Time to watch the first 7 episodes of season 2 to start the endever :) Too bad i didnt tape Season 1 or crusade. Heres hoping to dvd's soon

capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

LOL after my post right above this why searching some screen caps of Soul Mates i had to post these quotes as my favs of the episode

1)Lennier to Delen -"Dont those things hurt"
2)Delen to Ivonava at the end -"Ive been getting these cramps".

Capt

------------------
DS9 and B5. Who would have thought 2 of my fav shows would take place on stations in the middle of nowhere :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CaptDS9E:
Im going to start making a list of quotes when I watch B5/Crusade because these shows have the funniest quotes from all my favorite shows. Time to watch the first 7 episodes of season 2 to start the endever :) Too bad i didnt tape Season 1 or crusade. Heres hoping to dvd's soon

capt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't you check out the web page Star left in this thread? It has quotes from babylon 5 and crusade.

Actually it is Stars web page I beleive he wrote all the quotes out himself.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

This *is* a good place for a laugh, because they have such incredible lines, especially if Galen, Gideon, and Max are around. Let's see...

An early, Pre-Crusade quote:

Galen: "And who must I answer this time?"
Techno-mage: "Everyone."
Galen: "Everyone? Must be a very *large* room."

"The Well of Forever"
Dureena is talking about how her people were taught to distrust crossroads, pits, and wells.
Max: "Great. Where do you go on vacation? Another part of the room?"

His "magic rock" response is LOL.
laugh.gif

The whole Fen/Excalibur scandal
cool.gif
was hysterical.
Galen: "It's not the first contact situation that I envisioned..."

Kitsune

------------------
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." Elric the Techno-Mage, "Geometry of Shadows"

Here are my two favorite quotes of all time:

"Nothing's the same anymore."-Sinclair

"If you go to Z'ha'dum you will die"-Kosh

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

Thanks, Deviot! Just trying to help people avoid duplicate work!
smile.gif

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

I'm reading the unfilmed crusade scripts, and I got a quote I like a lot.
Episode: The End of the Line
Scene: Excalibur coming up on lots of very small spheres in space
GIDEON: Marbles?
GALEN: If you’ve been wondering where they’d gotten to, this may be the answer.

------------------
"Gideon says we all have things to hide."
"Does he? How unfortunate, I was hoping he'd come further than that. Well not that it isn't true of course, it's just that one simply doesn't have to say it."

"I was just trying to work out whether a comment from me right now would be most wanted or least needed."

Lochley: You know what you are?

Gideon: Ruggedly handsome?

Lochley: A control freak.

Gideon: Can't I be both?

Just one of many exchanges between Gideon and someone else that cracks me up.
smile.gif

------------------

Ensign James: "You can't stop all of us."

Gideon: "No. All I have to stop is you. You're the mouth. If you can't take me, you sure as hell can't take my ship. You get past me...she's all yours."

Gideon: "If we lose the Excalibur, we're screwed. Besides, I just got this ship. I don't want to lose it my first week on the job, they'll probably dock my pay."

Gideon: "John, you know what causes most problems? Ambiguity. Not knowing which decision is the right one. You're the best first-officer I've ever served with, and I consider you a friend. So there was no ambiguity and no problem."

Kitsune

------------------
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things." Elric the Techno-Mage, "Geometry of Shadows"

In my previous post I quoted two of my favorite lines from B5, not realizing that it was I was in the Crusade forum. If I had to choose a favorite quote from Crusade I guess it would be from Galen:

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

Alright, quote time...

Zathras: "Zathras have very sad life. Probably have very sad death. Either way, it is not good for Zathras." (Is it any wonder why I love this guy?)

Kosh: "Understanding is a three-edged sword."

The human of 1,000,000 years hence: "This is how the world ends; swallowed in fire, but not forgotten. We've created the future we think you would have wanted for us, and now we leave the cradle for the last time."

Bester: "Be seein' you, Captain."

------------------
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.

jtk724@hotmail.com

From Crusade it's this one:

"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

------------------
"You mustn't allow yourself to be chained to fate, to be ruled by your genes. Humans can choose the type of life they want to live. The important is that you choose life... and then live".

"Expect me when you see me." (as said by Galen... there's a world of difference between the way G'Kar says it in S1 and the way Galen says it in "Racing the Night.")

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back