• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

fav music track?

Arrghman

Beyond the rim
along the lines of the credits sequence thread... what's your favorite B5 music selection?

i've personally found myself listening to "the fall of the night" a lot recently... the part at the end with kosh just sounds *so* cool
wink.gif

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

"what I want I can not have" playing in the background when Garibaldi betrays Sheridan. If they released it as a single I'd buy the sucka. That whole scene was brilliant.

------------------
I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning... even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there.

-Leonard Shelby (aka Guy Pearce) from Memento

My favorite is the track called "Z'ha'dum" on the Messages from Earth CD, Vol. 2.

------------------
Dulann: You don't solve your problems by hitting them.
David Martel: Yeah, well, it made me feel better.

I don't know what it's called, but I have a B5 screen saver from Holger Barton(www.tp2b.de) and the music track in the backround is simply called"Sleeping in Light" theme. Every time I hear it a tear comes to my eye :::sniffle:::

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

During "Severed Dreams," when the Narns and Security Guards are fighting. Either that, or when asked if he has anything to live for, the music when Sheridan thinks about Delenn.

Can't say Sleeping in Light..that's just a given
smile.gif

------------------
We're all born as molecules in the hearts of a billion stars, molecules that do not understand politics, policies and differences. In a billion years we, foolish molecules forget who we are and where we came from. Desperate acts of ego. We give ourselves names, fight over lines on maps. And pretend our light is better than everyone else's. The flame reminds us of the piece of those stars that live inside us. A spark that tells us: you should know better. The flame also reminds us that life is precious, as each flame is unique. When it goes out, it's gone forever. And there will never be another quite like it

Oh, well then in that case I'd have to say...uh...perdition have it! I can't think of any one specific tune. They're all just meshing in my head now! AAAAHHHH!...Please leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you as soon as possible :::beep:::

Now I have to say the music in "Into the Fire"

------------------
Sheridan:Are you sure we can't jump
Lennier:positive
Sheridan:Then we have a problem
Lennier:No $h!t Sherlock
Sheridan:RUN FOR IT!!!!
Downbelow Sound Archive

Lines of Communication - The Battle with the Drakh.

Severed Dreams - The Marines breach the hull and as the Alexander fires upon the Agrippa.

The Long Twilight Struggle - The Narn fleet is attacked by Shadows and the Bombing of the Narn Homeworld.

------------------
"It is the Errors and faults of we,
That we fight for our nation,
Against a darkness that we forever see."

My favorites would have to be the music from Severed Dreams and from Z'ha'dum.
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by Mike G (edited February 15, 2002).]

Mine might be, 'Endgame Part II'. The battle, and ending with Marcus on B5. 14min track that covers all bases.

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Actually, my favorite music in B5 is the bar background from The Face of The Enemy, even though it's not Franke. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too.
smile.gif

I also liked the Voices of Authority music (which was later used for part of S5's main theme). SiL deserves a mention as well. Anything from the last half of S3 is solid too.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

I take it back. I downloaded the trailer for the I Found Her video game but for some reason my computer doesn't understand how to play the visual but it can play the audio. THAT MUSIC IS AWESOME! I have noe clue where it's from but I love it! What I'm going to say WILL sound nerdy but it sounds really cool on fast forward. Kinda like Franke techno.

------------------
If I tell you that everything I say is a lie, am I telling the truth?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I downloaded the trailer for the I Found Her video game but for some reason my computer doesn't understand how to play the visual but it can play the audio. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need the DivX Codec, which is available at http://www.divx.com/. It's pretty sweet, but I still can't play the alpha on my machine.
frown.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

I really love Voices of Authority, The last track in Endgame, and of course, Sleeping in Light. I've been thinking about Voices of Authority a lot lately. I think that would be an excellent track to do a ice skating routine to. It has classical elements but it is also lively at times. I got very bored when I was hearing the music that was used in the Women's figure skating free style. VERY BORED. So I was thinking about what music they could use that would be better and Voices of Authority was the first track that I thought of.
smile.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ivanova:
(snip)I think that would be an excellent track to do a ice skating routine to. It has classical elements but it is also lively at times. I got very bored when I was hearing the music that was used in the Women's figure skating free style. VERY BORED. So I was thinking about what music they could use that would be better and Voices of Authority was the first track that I thought of.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sssshhhhhhhh!

Don't put ideas like this out there, it may ruin my secret plans. I've got great plans for various pieces. Stay tuned to Canadian Nationals, Worlds, and the Olys in Turino! Okay, maybe just Canadians, lol, but I asked Kosh and he told me that I'd skate to B5 music at the Olys.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

*cackles happily at the various pieces of B5 music already cut into programs ready to go*

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back