• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Elizar: Evil Murderer, or Visionary?

Hmmm ill let this topic stay /forums/images/icons/smile.gif were not exactly a busy place /forums/images/icons/wink.gif we need all he topics we can get.

Pitty i havent read the books /forums/images/icons/frown.gif no one round hear seams to have them

Well technically Elizar making a deal with the Shadows wasn't much different than anyone making similar deals with the Vorlons. In the end I don't believe with the Shadows or Vorlons were any better than each other ... though it seemed like the Shadows actually interfered less with other beings - some horrible wars ever few thousand years but the Vorlons were masters of genetic manipulation and making others believe they were gods and other divine entities ...

Anyway ... in some ways it's hard to fault those who joined with the Shadows without thinking the same as those who joined with the Vorlons.

Oh, but yes ... derranged murderer. He might have been visionary at first and he might have believed it throughout ... but at the end he just wanted vengence and to rule in the way that he and he alone thought was right.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Elizar: </font color>
I still think Elizar was the best of us (mages).

[/quote]

Nope. Galen.

KoshN said:
<font color="orange">Nope. Galen.</font color>

Nope. Elric. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
Although I really started to like Blaylock as well. But Elric is my favourite of the technomages. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Dude Alwyn was my favorite mage. I agree that Elric was the "best" of the mages, but Alwyn was my fav of them all. I can relate to his personality a *lot*

Why should I have said Isabelle? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

She was OK but I didn't really care all that deeply for her.

Are you able to buy off of Amazon or another site?

NOw, come on people. The other mages just sat around on thier buts. Elizar, got out there, and tried to save the mages for the day when they couldn't get tech anymore. He diserves a medal!

She was one of the key people whose research led to an understanding of the tech.

I picked Galen because:

<font color="yellow">Spoiler for Invoking Darkness</font color>

<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000"> he was the first to achieve a perfect union, understanding and coexistence, a synergy, with the tech.</font></td></tr></table>

What Elizar (the character in the Technomage trilogy) deserves:

<font color="yellow"> Spoiler for the Technomage trilogy</font color>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">For killing Isabelle, Elizar deserves what he got, imploded.</font></td></tr></table>

Thanks for putting in the "trilogy Elizar " /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000"> I don't think he really did die from that </font></td></tr></table>

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">Hes freakin dead. He was imploded. Squished. Gone. Kaput. There is no room for doubt and not even a remote hint given that he could somehow have survived. He got squished in a bubble like the rest. Live in the now man! Live in the now!</font></td></tr></table>

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000"> He's just too cool to be dead!!!! He could have had a thousand shadow shields like Galen! </font></td></tr></table>

Dude! Edit your above post and close the spoiler box in it. Its screwing up the thread. to close it you need a [/ spoiler] (no space between the / and s)

Sorry about that! It would be nice if I could just press a button, like I used to. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Ok, now that the stupid Spoiler crap is done, back to conversation...

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000"> He could have survived with enough shielding </font></td></tr></table>

No way in hell dude.

<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">He was squished out of existance. Sealed off in a bubble that was its own universe that shrank until it was nothing. No shielding will help. Hell his shielding would have crushed him before the bubble did. Sorry, but the character really is gone, that was kind of the point of the whole thing. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif</font></td></tr></table>

He could have survived just like we could defeat AIDS by having everyone stop having sex.

It is just not realistic.

Elizar was "great" the way Stalin, Hitler, and Mao were great.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back