• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

DVD R2 better than R1???

masterofpuppets5

Beyond the rim
Hi, everyone!

First of all I want to make it clear that I haven't ordered/bought any B5 DVD's, 'cause I wasn't sure till recently whether i'll actually have one(DVD)!

The DVD would definitely support R1 as well as R2. What baffles me is this Q - Is there any INTENDED differences between those two? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
If there is then why?
In any case, I don't understand why the big distinction in prices??

The price of R2 really tempts me to buy it, but if there is any extras on R1 that are missing on R2, then that changes the whole picture (apart from the problem in "And The Sky Full Of Stars" that exists only in R2).

So, if anyone can help me with my ignorance i'll be very grateful. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The differences between the Region 1 and 2 DVDs are mostly technical rather than artistic. They contain the same episodes and additional features. The one significant artistic difference is that the Region 2 DVDs contain a German sound track.

The episodes on the Region 1 DVDs are recorded for playing on NTSC television sets, as used in the USA and Canada.

The episodes on the Region 2 DVDs are recorded for playing on PAL television sets, as used in the rest of the world. Although US computers can play both.

Thanks for the info Andrew. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm relieved to hear this. I guess I'm going to purchase the R2, but still I don't undestand why is R2 much cheaper than R1? (not that I have any complaints, just wondering)

It's good question. May be, I have the answer. Let's think about these numbes. Price of DVD in R1 75$=75EUR. R2 DVD is 36£ = 57EUR. R2 DVD with German version (German booklet, box and cover of DVD) is only 30EUR!
And now how many funs will buy DVD in R1, in R2 and in R2 German version. IMHO It's clear that the number of funs is proportionate to the price of DVD.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back