• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Does anyone know when B5LR is coming on VHS or DVD?

Lord Mollari

Im in a bad situation i live in Finland , Europe. there is no sci-fi
chanel here so i have to wait until it is on VHS(DVD) and published in Europe!
Does anyone know how long it will take?

Lord Mollari Out...

------------------
Lord Mollari

Oh my ... even in Canada they are in big trouble. I have a lot of friends who're deeply sad to miss the movie...

But at a selfish point-of-view, I'm way more waiting for that damn "green-light" for the serie than for a DVD release ...

Hope all our friends around the world will have the opportunity to see the movie very soon.

- Garibaldi's Hairs

------------------
---------------------------------
When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"
- Londo

I doubt this has even been considered at this point. The movie hasn't even aired yet, the DVD release of the original show won't start in Region 2 until March, and the future of the DVDs on this side of The Pond is very much up in the air. (And the show has no future in the U.S. on VHS.)

Plus there is the question of an eventual series. If that happens, Warner Bros. may decide to keep the pilot off home video until they're ready to release the series itself.

In other words, I wouldn't hold my breath. Check back in about six months, some of the dust may have settled by then.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

If there is no series, you can count on at least a UK release within 6 months (that's how long it took In the Beginning). If the series goes, you'll probably have to wait for a local channel to pick up the rights to the first season or a video rental release.

------------------
"Come out kittycat... I won't hurt you... much..." (hear it)
-- Blackarachnia, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited January 17, 2002).]

Well, there is always hope that YLE 2 will continue its tradition and pick it up. They did show Babylon 5 and Crusade, although with a delay of 4 years.

I would suspect that they will buy rights for airing Rangers, if these become available. This is likely to take a while. Videos may become available sooner, about DVD I am really not sure. You need an established and complete series before the suits are willing to take a chance with DVD.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited January 17, 2002).]

But in Norway at least (and in other European countries from what I've read), SF pilots have a tendency to show up in rental stores, lately also on DVD. I know "The Gathering", and the seaQuest and Stargate pilots were out long before the shows came on TV.

------------------
"Come out kittycat... I won't hurt you... much..." (hear it)
-- Blackarachnia, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

Hard to say about what they'll do in Europe, as everything seems rather betwixt and between. The first B5 DVDs won't be released until March, and there's no word on a Crusade release, but the VHS tapes of both series have already been discontinued in the U.K. and are being dumped at remainder prices. Makes you wonder what will happen to a one-shot TV movie like Rangers if the original show isn't available on either format.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
Well, there is always hope that YLE 2 will continue its tradition and pick it up. They did show Babylon 5 and Crusade, although with a delay of 4 years.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The delay in showing Crusade was not long. I think they showed it in early 2000 or late 1999, could that be about right? In any case, that wasn't too long after the episodes aired elsewhere.

I have to agree though, YLE2 seems to be the best hope for not just the Finns, but us Estonians as well, since there's no chance of Rangers turning up here on video (video rental business, although growing at a good rate, is still very, very weak here).

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Im in a bad situation i live in Finland , Europe. there is no sci-fi
chanel here so i have to wait until it is on VHS(DVD) and published in Europe!
Does anyone know how long it will take?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a same situation as I also live in Finland. I worry and hope. Our best hope is propably TV2, as they seems to be very fond of B5. They could easily buy the movie and air it if they want to.

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Hope all our friends around the world will have the opportunity to see the movie very soon.

- Garibaldi's Hairs<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too - being one of them !
crazy.gif

Can't help but feel that his could get awfully confusing - not only is your name almost identical to mine, but you have the same avatar too !!!

shocked.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back