• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Disappearing smilies

hypatia

Regular
This is in no way a problem for me. More of a curiosity. Sometimes when I am replying to a message not all of the smilies show up. But if I hover my mouse pointer on their locations, the code shows up. If I click, the code goes into my post.

Just curious, what's up with this? I'd think they'd either be there and show up, or not be there and not show up. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Very odd... never happened to me. Maybe a loading/cache problem? Do you have any problems with any kind of images not loading at other sites or is it unique to here?

Same problem, I guess. I never thought about that. Some images load, others don't on some websites sometimes. Never occured to me there was a connection. But I usually get boxes with red x-s in them when that happens.

I should get my computer checked out, but as long as it is working, I don't have the time. Maybe over the winter break or something.

Doesn't have to be a computer problem... could be simply a connection problem, too, especially on dialup.

As for them not showing up as the boxes with red X-s - at least in my case, sometimes when very small images don't load (smiley-size images for instance), then nothing shows up at all, instead of the empty box.

Anyway, would be interesting to hear if others have had a similar problem here.

Normally just transient connection problems.

You should go to tools, internet options, advanced and select "show image download placeholders." Why they turned that off as a default option I'll never know, it's vital IMHO.

Thanks, everyone. Antony, I'll try that when I get home tonight. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. Can't wait for the B5 shop to be open again. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Think money, money,money. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Too bad I never found a B5 calendar. I'll miss mine.

There is a calendar from Amazon.co.uk hyp... follow the link from the amazon.co.uk article on the left.

I thought so. I checked before. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ah, well. I'll have to look at either Dilbert or cute kitties instead. I think I'll take Dilbert to the office, so the computer room will have kitties I suppose.

Not all bad, you see. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Back