• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Did anyone think of this connection?

That has been brought up several times. That is why a lot of people, myself included, are using the acronym B5LR instead of LOTR.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

Sinclair gets it in one.
smile.gif

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Yes many peoplehave got the connection it is too confusing the abreviation so B5LR all the way
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited April 28, 2001).]

I personally just call it Rangers. The LotR acronym pisses me off, though, because in my mind the 2 titles get morphed together. So when I see "LotR" I think of it as "Legend of the Rings".

------------------

Not being a Lord of the Rings fan, I don't really care if LotR is equated with with B5LR or not. But for others out there who are, it might have been better had JMS given the show a different name.

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

All the way with B5LR... It makes it easier too when emailing people when talking about visual entertainment.

It looks as though the end of the year EOTY is going to be a great viewing season! LOTR and LOTR (I mean B5LR)
smile.gif

------------------
IHHBHG
Live Well.
WhiteStar12

well...yea...BUT aren't ALL psi-fi movies compared to others...I mean when B5 first came out, they compared it to Star trek...

yada yada

------------------

I just type Rangers. Even b5lr seems wordy, especially if you say it out loud. Excluding b5 I'm not big on acronyms anyway.

------------------
Bus

It wouldn't surprise me if jms changes the movie/series title to just "Rangers". Afterall, Crusade started off as The Babylon Project : Crusade, remember?

I prefer the shorter, snappier title.

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited May 03, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Afterall, Crusade started off as The Babylon Project : Crusade, remember?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that was mandated by TNT Atlanta after they decided they wanted to minimize the connection between Crusade and B5.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

If it was TNT meddling that makes two suggestions they made that I like. Not because of the desired limit on Babylon 5 connection but just because it sounds better to the ear. The other good suggestion being the black uniforms, the existance of them not which episodes TNT insisted they be in. Of course the avalanche of other suggestions were probably the product of a serious crack adiction.

------------------
Bus
"Yes, he is handsome in an ugly sort of way."-Homer

TNT said they wanted new uniforms (something jms agreed was a good idea), but Babylonian Productions designed them.

And I did a quick search on jmsnews, and found posts from 1997 referring to the spin-off as just Crusade.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back