• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Deja Vu All Over Again

ElScorcho

Regular
So there's not going to be a new series. Again. Did the programmers at the Sci-Fi Channel, by any chance, used to work for TNT a few years ago? I mean come on, they air the first series four times a week so someone must be watching. Oh, that's right. It's not on against NFL playoffs then, is it?

I have been a science fiction fan for as long as I can remember, being raised by Doctor Who, Star Trek, Buck Rogers and Space:1999. I can tell you, half of SFC's orginal programming ain't worth watching - even from a cult standpoint. And they put their best one, "Farscape", on at ten o'clock on Friday nights. But I still watch it (or tape it) and would do the same no matter what time they'd air LOTR.

Oh well, I guess the only sure way for it to get picked up would be for all of us to pretend we don't want to watch it.

/forums/images/icons/devil.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by ElScorcho: </font color>
So there's not going to be a new series. Again. Did the programmers at the Sci-Fi Channel, by any chance, used to work for TNT a few years ago?

[/quote]

No, but they probably all took the same classes in school. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

I mean come on, they air the first series four times a week so someone must be watching.

[/quote]

Well, they used to air it 5 times a week, at 7PM. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

I can tell you, half of SFC's original programming ain't worth watching - even from a cult standpoint.

[/quote]

No argument here, and from their 4/2/2002 press releases, the worst is yet to come. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

And they put their best one, "Farscape", on at ten o'clock on Friday nights. But I still watch it (or tape it) and would do the same no matter what time they'd air LOTR.

[/quote]

Farscape used to be better. It seems that they're trying to mix some LEXX into it, and that's not a good thing IMO.

Remember what Marcus said about the French?

Ivanova, "At least it tells us that they understand our language. They are just not willing to speak to us in it."
Marcus, "Who knew they were French. Sorry."

I get the feeling that Vivendi doesn't really care what we want, and pretty soon, with the re-branding, the Sci-Fi Channel will have a lot less sci-fi.

Oh well, I guess the only sure way for it to get picked up would be for all of us to pretend we don't want to watch it.

[/quote]

I doubt that reverse psychology works on these people.

<font color="yellow">Originally posted by ElScorcho:</font color>
And they put their best one, "Farscape"</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

/forums/images/icons/mad.gif hey, watch it buddy, wrong boards to be saying such things /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ElScorcho:
And they put their best one, "Farscape"
In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey, watch it buddy, wrong boards to be saying such things

[/quote]

Babylon 5 originated on PTEN and TNT.

I know, just trying to stir up something, god, oops, i mean, uhh, uhh, Vorlons!!! any time recoil or sol do it, something good comes out of it, but every time i do it, it's no where near as good /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

<<< hey, watch it, buddy >>>

Um, I do watch it. Thank you. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I know it was meant in jest, but "Farscape" is a SFC original. The only B5 to be produced for Sci-Fi was the pilot for LOTR.

Hey- I just noticed that those initials could mean something else...

Hey- I just noticed that those initials could mean something else...

[/quote]

And have been for something like 50 years, which makes it confusing for people who automatically associate them with The Lord of the Rings rather than a one-off TV movie. Probably why JMS always refers to the movie simply as Rangers. (Although I think the initials were a kind of private joke, given the constant comparisons between B5 and LotR. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back