• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Day of the Dead

No clue about the first question, no clue about the second. Im quite useless am i not? :)

Anyways thats the episode Neil Gaiman wrote, so maybe you should check his site, or ask JMS on the mailing lists .

I would have loved to see more scenes in this episode. Especially between Garibaldi and 'Dodger'. :)

Rommie ;)

Is it true that the script has extra scenes in it? Where can I buy the script?

Neil Gaiman published it as a book:

ISBN: 1-892-05802-2

Book Description:
Original script for the Babylon 5 episode. Contains scenes not actually filmed and some which were filmed but cut. Introduction by J. Michael Straczynski. Trade paperback with John Berkey color cover.

I see he has Good Omens for sale, too. One of the funniest books I've ever read :)

One of the all time classics, yes. I've lost count of how many times I've reread it, but I still can't read more than a couple of pages without bursting out in laughter... :)

Slight digression ... if I remember correctly, there was a continuity error between the episode before 'Day of the Dead' and the episode after.

The ending to 'The Tragedy of Telepaths' suggested that the big show down between Bester and the telepaths would happen the next day, when it actually happened in 'Pheonix Rising', the episode after 'Day of The Dead'.

Also, G'Kar and Londo were on the station during the day of the dead festival, yet they did not return from Centauri Prime until 'Pheonix Rising'. It is as though the 'Day of the Dead' episode was incorrectly placed. This certainly is the case in the videos, but I'm not sure if this is true in the original airing. If so, I wonder if it will be corrected in the DVD.

The "Day of The Dead" works best if it happened after "Phoenix Rising". The blips have left Babylon 5 but the Psi Cops are still around. That way the telepaths can be suspects for causing it.

Proper Order (S5 thru SiL):

Season Five ("Wheel of Fire")
89 502 No Compromises
90 503 The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari
91 504 The Paragon of Animals
92 505 A View from the Gallery
93 506 Learning Curve
94 507 Strange Relations
95 508 Secrets of the Soul
97 509 In the Kingdom of the Blind
98 510 A Tragedy of Telepaths
99 512 Phoenix Rising
100 513 The Ragged Edge
96 511 Day of the Dead
101 514 The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father
102 515 Meditations on the Abyss
103 516 Darkness Ascending
104 517 And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder
105 518 Movements of Fire and Shadow
106 519 The Fall of Centauri Prime
107 520 Wheel of Fire
108 521 Objects in Motion
109 522 Objects at Rest

TNT MoW3 The River of Souls (sometime between December 2262 and 2264)

"The Telepath War" (which was never filmed) would take place sometime in 2264 or early 2265.

Sci-Fi MoW1 To Live and Die in Starlight (The Legend of the Rangers pilot, "just under 3 years after the events of 'Objects at Rest." This means it will be set in late 2265, right after "The Telepath War" and before "Crusade").

TNT MoW4 A Call to Arms (December 2266)

Crusade (started in January 2267)

TNT MoW2 Babylon 5: In the Beginning (told by Londo in ~2278)

110 523 Sleeping in Light (2281), the Babylon 5 Series Finale.

Slight correction: River of Souls definitely takes place in mid-2263. JMS pegged the time at about six months after "Objects at Rest" when S5 was originally broadcast.

Regards,

Joe

Slight correction: River of Souls definitely takes place in mid-2263. JMS pegged the time at about six months after "Objects at Rest" when S5 was originally broadcast.

Regards,

Joe

OK, thanks. I'll make the change to my doc.
Hey, got any thoughts on the following timeframes? Seem about right to you?

SHORT STORIES:

Title: The Shadow of His Thoughts
Author: Straczynski, J. M.
Timeframe: 10/2262
Ss_pub_in: Amazing Stories
Ss_issue: Summer 1999, Number 597
Ss_commnts: The Londo Story

Title: Genius Loci
Timeframe: 01/2263
Ss_issue: Winter 2000, Number 599
Ss_commnts: The Lyta / G'Kar Story

Title: Space, Time, and the Incurable Romantic
Timeframe: 2560-2592
Ss_issue: Summer 2000, Number 602
Ss_commnts: The Marcus / Ivanova Story

Title: Hidden Agendas
Timeframe: 2262
Ss_pub_in: Babylon 5/Crusade Magazine
Ss_issue: May 2000, Number 22
Ss_commnts: The Ivanova/Warlock Destroyer/Ulkesh's Vorlon
Transport/Sheridan/Lyta Story

Title: True Seeker
Author: Avery, Fiona
Timeframe: late 2269
Ss_issue: July 2000, Number 23
Ss_commnts: The Narn Story (carries on from episode 17 "Legacies" http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/017.html )

Title: The Nautilus Coil
Author: Keyes, J. Gregory
Timeframe: 2263, or maybe even sometime in 2264
Ss_issue: August 2000, Number 24
Ss_commnts: The Garibaldi/Lyta/Psi Corp/Vorlon story. Connects with "Dark Genesis - The Birth of the Psi Corps"

OK, thanks. I'll make the change to my doc.
Hey, got any thoughts on the following timeframes? Seem about right to you?

SHORT STORIES:

Title: The Shadow of His Thoughts
Timeframe: 10/2262
Ss_issue: Summer 1999, Number 597
Ss_commnts: The Londo Story

Title: Genius Loci
Timeframe: 01/2263
Ss_issue: Winter 2000, Number 599
Ss_commnts: The Lyta / G'Kar Story

Title: Space, Time, and the Incurable Romantic
Timeframe: 2560-2592
Ss_issue: Summer 2000, Number 602
Ss_commnts: The Marcus / Ivanova Story

Title: Hidden Agendas
Timeframe: 2262
Ss_issue: May 2000, Number 22
Ss_commnts: The Ivanova/Warlock Destroyer/Ulkesh's Vorlon
Transport/Sheridan/Lyta Story

Title: True Seeker
Author: Avery, Fiona
Timeframe: late 2269
Ss_issue: July 2000, Number 23
Ss_commnts: The Narn Story (carries on from episode 17 "Legacies" http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/guide/017.html )

Title: The Nautilus Coil
Author: Keyes, J. Gregory
Timeframe: 2263, or maybe even sometime in 2264
Ss_issue: August 2000, Number 24
Ss_commnts: The Garibaldi/Lyta/Psi Corp/Vorlon story. Connects with "Dark Genesis - The Birth of the Psi Corps"

My list, in chronological order:

# 1 Hidden Agendas – Early 2262 (S5)

# 2 The Shadow of His Thoughts – Late 2262 (S5)

# 3 Genius Loci - Late 2262/ Early 2263

# 4 The Nautilus Coil – 2264 or 2265

# 5 True Seeker - 2269

# 6 Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic - 2561 - 2593

I would argue that "The Nautilus Coil" cannot happen as early as 2263, because Lyta and G'Kar don't return to Alliance Space until 2264. (Lyta gives Garibaldi "two years" to create her army in 2262.) JMS has already said that the war starts in 2264 and ends in 2265 (long enough before Rangers that it is not still a constant topic of conversation amoung the Rangers, who were involved in ending it, especially the Humans, who would have been most affected by it.) The story is set during the war, but it isn't clear exactly when. Hence 2264 or 65, not 2263.

Regards,

Joe

My list, in chronological order:

# 1 Hidden Agendas – Early 2262 (S5)

# 2 The Shadow of His Thoughts – Late 2262 (S5)

# 3 Genius Loci - Late 2262/ Early 2263

# 4 The Nautilus Coil – 2264 or 2265

# 5 True Seeker - 2269

# 6 Space, Time and the Incurable Romantic - 2561 - 2593

I would argue that "The Nautilus Coil" cannot happen as early as 2263, because Lyta and G'Kar don't return to Alliance Space until 2264. (Lyta gives Garibaldi "two years" to create her army in 2262.) JMS has already said that the war starts in 2264 and ends in 2265 (long enough before Rangers that it is not still a constant topic of conversation amoung the Rangers, who were involved in ending it, especially the Humans, who would have been most affected by it.) The story is set during the war, but it isn't clear exactly when. Hence 2264 or 65, not 2263.

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back