• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Day of the Dead for Everyone!

Loadhan

Regular
Meant to post this months ago but my question still holds ...

So, we saw four characters get visited by 'the dead' in the episode "The Day of the Dead". Who do you think the other characters in B5 would have met if they had been in the Brakiri section of Babylon 5? Just for the sake of debate, we could use characters who were already gone. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

The simple arguement that Ivanova would have met Marcus jumps right off the bat ... but even the TV show showed Marcus in the statis chamber - so does he count as alive or dead then? He did officially die ... I'd guess Susan would see her mother ...

Vir might have seen Cartasia ... I hope he wouldn't though ... that was only death I can think of that so severly affected Vir.

Delenn ... wow ... um ... there's alot there ... her father, Duhkat, Neroon, a random person who died in the war she created ...

G'kar ... that's a bit of a mystery to me ... I'm sure when someone says something obvious I'll smack myself and go "Oh yeah!"

Sheriden ... well he would probably have met himself. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

It would have been VERY interesting if Sheridan and Delenn's quarters had been in the Brakiri sector. I'm pretty shure either Anna(with her original personality) or Dukath would have appeared to both of them - either way, some interesting - and akward - dialogue would have been unavoidable.

G'kar? Dunno. G'Sten? His Dad? no idea.

Ivanova could also have met her brother, possibly. Although I suppose she had more unfinished business with her mother. Maybe she'd have needed to talk to her, try and get to grips with her telepathic abilities, something like that. After all, the guests weren't who those people *wanted* to see but those who they *needed* to see, whether they knew that or not.

G'Kar... that would have been interesting. He sure must have had a lot of ghosts from his past still haunting him, as he was so determined not to spend the night in the Brakiri area. In other words, he must have good reason to think that his visitor might not be someone he'd want to see. But as for who it actually might have been ... very hard to guess.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by superbob:
<font color=yellow>I wonder who Garibaldi would have seen?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
You haven't seen S5 yet, right? In that case I won't spoil it for you but he does have a visitor.

I have been trying to get my hands on a copy of that script. There are othere visitations, but they never made it into the final cut! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I hated that episode. It was just lame.. and a bit booring. Which is a bit strange since I normaly like character driven shows. But that one did nothing for me. At all.

/Com

As for those who were not in the Brakiri boundaries and didn't see anyone, for Delenn, I think it would have probably been Neroon or Dukhat, Sheridan probably would have seen Anna or Kosh, Franklin would probably have seen Cailyn James, that singer he feel in love with briefly during his walkabout, and
Cartagia probably would have appeared to either Vir or G'Kar.

One thing I can't figure out was why did Morden appear to Lennier? Lennier had no direct connection or contact with him in previous seasons when he was alive. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me as to why he would see Morden. I would figure Morden would appear to Londo instead.

What most of you seem to miss is that you don't necessarily see who you want to see, but whomever you most need to see. Morden appeared to Lennier b/c Morden was the most relevant of the deceased to what Lennier needed to hear, and Lennier didn't listen. Hence, Lennier's betrayal of Sheridan. Then, too, in part, the messenger is the message. Remember Kosh as G'Quan when G'Kar mind-raped Londo? It would've meant much less to G'Kar had he seen a Vorlon in that sequence, and it changed him forever.
Now, lessee:
Sheridan: Likely Anna or Kosh (Which one?), but maybe someone he killed? That Ranger crew he condemned to mislead the Shadows? An Earthforce captain he defeated?
The captain of the Black Star? That Minbari he met in In the Beginning w/ G'Kar and Franklin? The Captain of the Prometheus? Shadows killed on Z'haDum?
Sinclair: Jha'Dur? The assassin w/ the changeling net? Joan of Arc? Any OT prophet or Minbari equivalent?
No new ideas on Delenn or Ivanova
Franklin: Anybody who died in the Minbari war b/c he wouldn't turn over his notes? Anybody unable to be saved medically?
I'd love to see who Bester would have met.
How about opening this up a bit. Who would Gideon, Galen, Dureena, Pres. Clark, or Justin have seen? Refa, the Regent, the Drazi ambassador, Draal, Dukhat, Dr. Kyle, Talia.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darkwing:
<font color=yellow>Franklin: Anybody who died in the Minbari war b/c he wouldn't turn over his notes?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote> Sorry. My nitpicky Shadow side refuses to stay on topic. You see, I would consider that very unlikely. Most of the hundreds of thousands who died (and billions who did not) would have gone if he had turned over his notes. Humanity would have probably died and the Minbari would not live on Minbar.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Darkwing:
<font color=yellow>
I'd love to see who Bester would have met.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

SPOILER for Psi Corps book trilogy
<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">How about one of his biologic parents? The blip resistance leaders.</font></td></tr></table>

Gideon? How about Captain Ross from the Cerberus? So Gideon could have it out with him about being left behind. Or the guy who had the Apocolypse Box before him, to tell him just why he shouldn't have taken it.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lennier:
<font color=yellow>Sorry. My nitpicky Shadow side refuses to stay on topic. You see, I would consider that very unlikely. Most of the hundreds of thousands who died (and billions who did not) would have gone if he had turned over his notes. Humanity would have probably died and the Minbari would not live on Minbar.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
That does not mean that there are some dead soldiers who might be able to blame Franklin's refusal for their deaths, and this would create personal conflict. Your scenario, while covering a larger picture, would not. Mine does require the death of an officer in the small circle of folks knowing about Franklin and his refusal, else how could they blame him?
Note that I do not think he should have turned those notes over, just that it makes the seed of a Day of the Dead story for Franklin. Had I been present in ITB, I'd have reminded the general about the distinction between lawful and unlawful orders, and the ramifications for military law of the Nurnberg trials. Franklin was legally, as well as morally correct.

That is, of course, true.

My approach was simply this: given that those people were visited by someone they might *need* to meet, someone who might help them repair or correct something... it would be unlikely for Franklin to need assistance with a past choice he had very probably made correctly.

In my opinion, it would have been someone else...
But who? Perhaps only Draal would know...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lennier:
<font color=yellow>That is, of course, true.

My approach was simply this: given that those people were visited by someone they might *need* to meet, someone who might help them repair or correct something... it would be unlikely for Franklin to need assistance with a past choice he had very probably made correctly.

In my opinion, it would have been someone else...
But who? Perhaps only Draal would know...</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Well, not to stary too far here, but he did use Shadow-altered teeps as weapons in S4, and seemed to have argued w/ himself about it, from the answer he gave that woman about it.He might then need a "victim" of his from the earlier incident, so he could prove to himself he had been right both times. OTOH, one of those Shadow-altered teeps would make an interesting visitor, too.

With the latter, I would fully agree.

That was a choice of much doubt. Something which needed consideration. Because nobody was able to ask those telepaths if they would have wanted that danger, for slim chances of reaching Earth and some hope of being freed from "the machine".

The man who Lyta temporarily awakened tried killing himself. But that only goes to show that *some* considered death preferable to such existence, which can in no way be treated as agreement to be used as a weapon.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back