• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade vs. Technomage Trilogy (spoilers)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>
You mean she'd release a burst of energy (like the explosion we saw) and have both her and Lennier inside her shields? But JMS says that they both died in the Telepath Crisis. So what happened? Did everybody just assume they both died in the explosion, and JMS really would have had them survive it?

</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Hey, just because they survived that one (which we don't know if they did) doesn't mean that they didn't die during the war. I"m sure there was plenty of good times to die in

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> It did??? Did you actually see a script, the version that had Lyta in it? <hr></blockquote>

I have a copy of the script. The cast list says "Lyta Alexander - TBA"

On page 25 when Matheson enters the cell it says:

"She slowly raises her head: it's LYTA ALEXANDER, looking dishevelled, dirty..."

On page 31,after the fighting starts we have:

"There's another blast, this time of sheer force, not explosives, blowing out the door to the cell, and in the smoke and ust we SEE Lyta emerge, eyes glowing brightly, a corona around her. She looks off...and in the melee we can just SEE a Minbari Ranger, but not seeing his face, fighting furiously, hand to hand, making his way to her.

LYTA
(triumphant)
Lennierrrrrrrrrr!

That's all we see as Matheson is carried away by the crowd.

71 EXT. SPACEPORT

As a shuttle rises into the air

72 CLOSER - SHUTTLE WINDOW

We can just see Matheson in the front window, co-piloting. He looks down as he senses:

LYTA
Live free, John! Find your dreams!

73 HIS POV - DOWNSHOT OF PSI CORPS CENTER

As the center is decimated in a flash of white that makes a thermonuclear detonation look like a firecracker."

Does that help? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

You know, this discussion has just made me mad all over again that we lost Crusade. Who wants to bet that at some point there would have been some serious conflict between Galen and Matheson, with Gideon having to make a choice?

DAMN TNT!!!!!!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Demon:
<font color=yellow>

I have a copy of the script. The cast list says "Lyta Alexander - TBA"

snip

Does that help? /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Well, it was really nice to see that again, (and I'd LOVE to have seen that on TV /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif) but JMS does leave it ambiguous. We don't know that Lennier and Lyta got killed in that particular blast <font color=orange>unless</font color=orange> that was the end of the Telepath Crisis.

Did they ever sell copies of that script? It's one I don't have.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> Did they ever sell copies of that script? It's one I don't have. </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

E-mail me at spacewitchdemon@hotmail.com and I'll send you the list of the scripts I have

The problem with thermonuclear explosions is:

1. Thermonuclear explosions tend to kill you, unless the entire Eye decides to lend its protection, or the First One agrees to revive you. Even with full control over his implants, Galen still could not defend against the explosion of those Gaim bombs. Only that the Eye chose to protect him allowed him to live. If the most powerful of Shadow creations is unable to do something, it might suggest that the most powerful of Vorlon creations cannot do much more.

2. You don't need to get into a compund to blow it up. If you have the weapon, you can drop it from orbit. If the weapon is that powerful, you can detonate it close to the compound and still destroy it. Only to blow the base up with its own reactor would you have to get inside.

Only if you want to cause an evacuation would you need to cause fighting. I would guess that Lyta went there to cause an evacuation. After all, most members of the Psi Corps were not her enemies. The Corps was her enemy, most were its victims.

I doubt if she would have wanted to destroy everything. But she certainly wanted to destroy something: to base itself and those who would fight. She probably succeeded, at the cost of her life. What brought Lennier into telepath affairs remains a mystery to me. Hopefully a mystery which can be solved.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lennier:
<font color=yellow>The problem with thermonuclear explosions is:

2. You don't need to get into a compund to blow it up. If you have the weapon, you can drop it from orbit. If the weapon is that powerful, you can detonate it close to the compound and still destroy it. Only to blow the base up with its own reactor would you have to get inside.

Only if you want to cause an evacuation would you need to cause fighting. I would guess that Lyta went there to cause an evacuation. After all, most members of the Psi Corps were not her enemies. The Corps was her enemy, most were its victims.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

She might have wanted to spring any of her people who were still alive there and being held by the Corps.

The location of the base was secret. Lyta found it by letting herself be captured. The top people in Psi Corps had come to the base for a meeting.

On Mars you cannot walk just out of a base, there is no oxygen so you would die. Lennier may have been bringing a ship for Lyta to escape in.

Originally posted by Recoil:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
. . . that they know Galen has shadow tech, that all the mages do. . . .
<hr></blockquote>

Oh NO! Now you know my SECRET! *slap*

On a more serious note, I don't believe any of us would be able to speculate or guess correctly on what exactly JMS had planned and installed for his B5 spin-off Crusade series, but we can definitely assume that the storyline would have been enormous, and suffice to say would have caught us all off guard in confusion (I'm sure all of you fans, like me, have at some point if not more than once gone - 'okay, I got that, I think, now wait, ... just run that by me three more times' - and then the depth of the actual JMS story arch underneath the surface plot dawned upon us all). I think we can also safely assume that Straczynski had the foundation of Crusade's premise pretty thoroughly planned in his head years in advance, the same as with Babylon 5. And with keeping the above said in mind, this is where I find Mr. Joseph DeMartino's post quite valuable.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
When JMS wrote the outline for the Technomage novels, Crusade was either gearing up or already in production. The assumption was that they'd be in S2 or S3 by the time the final book was published, so it would be "old news."
<hr></blockquote>

We have to ask ourselves the question in if we think Straczynski would have aired a 5 seasoned series with the main premise and grand finale episode concluding in the Excalibur and her captain finding the cure for the plague. Why would Straczynski have bothered to introduce character Galen into his Crusade series if he didn't have much bigger plans installed for covering the technomage history. But why then do I still remain having this feeling that all of the above said are barely scratching the surface. Well, we are talking about JMS here, aren't we?! Ten out of ten brownie points to this writer!

<signed Galen>

I'm not too sure about this, Joe would know for sure so maybe he'll tell me if i'm wrong. But wasn't it said somewhere that the search for the cure would be over by the end of season 3??? I think i've heard that from a pretty good source at one point but can't remember for sure. "IF" that is right then that would leave plenty of time to explore the technomage side of the story line if there is one.

Sinc.
Jerome

Teekas Dragon, I think IIRC what was said was: what appears to be a cure would be found relatively quickly. But it would not be exactly what it appeared to be. Somehow the crew of Crusade would chose to go "rougue".

That's all I remember.

jms said that a cure would be found mid to end of season 2

yes, the cure would not be what it appeared - The Excalibur crew would find this out. No one would believe them and they would have to go rouge (which i think would have been really cool) ....... there would also have been a great deal of stuff about earth using shadow tech and some good Warlock stuff

<sigh> wish it was still going

Even with a definite plot premise, it remains just that, the foundation structure in building that barn - you can see this in all sci-fi series. The actual story arch stretches much deeper, and when you've got someone like JMS heading that series, you can never quite tell what would come next, or in this case what would have been. But we can speculate that if Crusade was written to conclude into a 5 year seasoned series, that the same would most probably have applied to Crusade than we saw during the run of Babylon 5. Seasons 1 and 2 would have contributed to analizing, explaining and exploring the characters, while seasons 2 and 3 would have brought forth a probable cure and premise change - and who knows what that would have been. I would like to think that the mages were to be a key element to the 3rd and 4th seasons. All I can say is that I MISS CRUSADE!!! *sniff-sniff*

<signed Galen>

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back