• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

CRUSADE - Finally Back on Sci-Fi !

KoshN

Super Moderator
Reposted here, so it's not buried at the bottom of that other thread... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

From the Schedulebot on Sept. 5th, 2002:

01-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
02-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
03-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
07-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
08-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
09-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
10-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
11-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
15-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
16-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
17-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
18-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE
21-OCT-02 5:00 PM CRUSADE

The order is probably as follows:

"Racing the Night"
"The Needs of Earth"
"The Memory of War"
"The Long Road"
"Visitors from Down the Street"
"The Well of Forever"
"Each Night I Dream of Home"
"Patterns of the Soul"
"The Path of Sorrows"
"Ruling from the Tomb"
"The Rules of the Game"
"War Zone"
"Appearances and Other Deceits"

Times Shown are US Eastern. Check the Sci-Fi Schedulebot for your local times.

Damn. 2pm Pacific time, I suppose. And no repeats, I'm sure.

I'll just have to forgo all my other taping so I can finally get Crusade on one tape.

I hope TCM (Turner Classic Movies) has a very bad few weeks of programming on right around then. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by hypatia: </font color>
Damn. 2pm Pacific time, I suppose. And no repeats, I'm sure.

[/quote]

Sci-Fi West Feed is also at 5PM.

About the repeats, yeah, you're right. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Sci-Fi isn't big on repeats.

Babylong 5 shows at 5pm now. I think my city chose the other feed. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

As I said, I'll just hope TCM has crap on for awhile. That's about all I tape anymore. A good classic movie can beat the hell out of most of tv these days. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

May I suggest owning two VCRs?

[/quote]
That is a valid question. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I am currently renting. I will probably buy this house from them some day. They have already offered, and are willing to let me rent here until I'm ready to buy.

But until then I have only one phone and cable line. I want to own the place before I begin to improve it. And our salaries might go through the wringer this next year or so. I"m biding my time.

Anyhow, the first thing I'm getting is a second phone line. Then I'll think about second cable lines.

I might try to go satellite soon. But I don't have two tv's.
/forums/images/icons/frown.gif I can't have two vcrs recording two different things if I don't have two different cable connections at the moment.

Pity me. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

There are people starving all over the planet and I'm lamenting having to choose taping Crusade over some great movie on TCM.

Would someone smack me upside the head and remind me that the television set is not some kind of god that needs attention? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Anyhow, the first thing I'm getting is a second phone line. Then I'll think about second cable lines.

[/quote]

You shouldn't need two cable lines. Just put in a 2-way splitter. The cable from the wall goes to the splitter. One of the cables coming out of the splitter goes to your cable box, and through it to your current VCR and your TV, the other goes to your 2nd VCR. Provided either Sci-Fi or TCM is a basic (non-scrambled) channel, and the 2nd VCR is a cable-ready model with a tuner that has enough channels, you should have no trouble recording any basic cable channel on it.

When the recording is finished, watch the result on your other VCR, the one that is connected to the TV. (You can also connect the two VCRs with RCA cables so that you can watch the output from the 2nd machine on your TV. This isn't difficult to do.)

At the very worst you might need a second cable box (if the channels are scrambled, or you have digital cable.) You could always get one of those from the cable company for the month of October and then return it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Yea, that should work. And I don't have a box or digital cable, but I'd have to buy a second vcr.

It'll be cheaper for me to ask my mother to tape something for me if I absolutely have to see it. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

but I'd have to buy a second vcr.

[/quote]

Best Buy has a Symphonic 4-head VCR (can't playback stereo, but it will record the incoming stereo signal so that it can be played back on another deck) for $49.99 this week. For another $20.00 you can get a Toshiba 4-head Hi-Fi deck. Symphonic are actually pretty good VCRs for the money, not fancy, but they last for years.

Regards,

Joe

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif They have vcrs for $50 now? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif You can barely take a friend to a good dinner for $50 these days! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif That is a fantastic price.

I wonder how much cable splitters are. This might be worth checking out!

Thanks, Joe! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

does anybody else see this as an opportunity? if i still had the damnable address i would have a letter in the mail to Bonnie Hammer and the executives at Sci-Fi and WB by the end of the day. with news from JMS of a "new project" that he has mentioned to fans, a B5 movie marathon coming this month, and the return of Crusade to Sci-Fi, as well as B5 cycling back over to first season on Sci-Fi soon, we should all be taking this opportunity to at least make our voices heard in support of renewing Crusade

I wonder how much cable splitters are. This might be worth checking out!

[/quote]

About five or six bucks last time I picked one up. You also need to use these things if you want to wire up your system so that you can watch a show on a basic cable channel while taping another show on a premium or basic channel. Since I usually end up doing this for all my technologically incompetant relatives, I buy several at a time so I have some on hand when the need arises. They are very cheap. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

Cable splitters are about $5 US. I'm using a 1-2 passive one (gold plated) from Radio Shack and it works great. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back