• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade DVDs - Some News

KoshN

Super Moderator
----- Original Message -----
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 1:10 AM
Subject: Re: Latest from Warner Bros. on the DVDs

> Season 2 hits the stores on this coming Tuesday, and we're almost finished with
> the S3 dvds. We're also in discussions about releasing Crusade.
>
> jms
>
> (jmsatb5@aol.com)
> (all message content (c) 2003 by synthetic worlds, ltd.,
> permission to reprint specifically denied to SFX Magazine
> and don't send me story ideas)

"We're also in discussions about releasing Crusade."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yay!

*dances around the room happily* :) What about making a wishlist for the Crusade DVD Set?

- 13 Episodes, commentaries on all of them, most by JMS, some with Cast Members. They have more than enough time for this, if it is true that they plan to release Crusade after season five.
- Featurette similar to "Back To Babylon 5", with actors, Doug, Evan Chen, etc. I understand the Crusade sets still exist, so i guess maybe they could be shown there.
- One about the cancelled scripts and the direction the show would have taken.
- Music video composed by Chen.
- Enter The Universe of Crusade.

any more ideas? :)

* Interactive PC Game based on "Doom" with levels representing TNT's Techwood Campus in Atlanta and monsters looking like TNT execs. Score points by recovering original elements of the show and killing monsters with a variety of weapons. :)

Regards,

Joe

I would absolutely love a Crusade DVD set and would almost certainly buy it, even if it came with no extra's whatsoever (although I probably shouldn't say that). I never bought any of the B5 DVDs because I have every episode on Warner Home Video - the only B5 DVD I've ever bought is the special edition of The Gathering. As I don't have any of the Crusade videos, I really want a DVD set.

As for special features, I would realistically like to see...

- Commentaries on "The Path of Sorrows" and "Racing the NIght" by JMS, plus "Each Night I Dream of Home" by the cast (more if possible)

- Documentary and full cast & crew interviews on the creation of a spin-off and the making of Crusade

- A huge featurette on the intended story arc, what might have been, and the plans that were in place for Season Two and beyond... perhaps all the way to the finale.

- Detailed discussion on the 3 Unproduced Scripts plus some comment on the "sword arc".

- any deleted scenes/alternate endings/beginnings

- About the Main Titles, how the answers to Galen's questions would have changed

- DVD-ROM virtual tour of the Excalibur and combat simulator

- An outsatndingly packaged box with amazing cover art

How about a bonus telemovie "Legend of the Rangers" with similar features about what might have been had series been made?

Heck, I'd like to see the unfilmed scripts, at least the ones that JMS wrote, included as text features on the disc, to be read on-screen. At least that way he (and possibly some of the other writers) might have a chance of getting paid a little something for their "publication". And the fans would finally have access to authorized versions.

Regards,

Joe

"We're also in discussions about releasing Crusade."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WHEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

*bounce bounce bounce*

I may have the episodes already on a) tapes taken from TV b) VHS tapes released in the UK and 3) VCD's, but you can never have too many copies :D :D :D :D

Heck, I'd like to see the unfilmed scripts, at least the ones that JMS wrote, included as text features on the disc, to be read on-screen. At least that way he (and possibly some of the other writers) might have a chance of getting paid a little something for their "publication". And the fans would finally have access to authorized versions.

Or make them as "radio" plays. A lot cheaper than films.

But still too expensive to produce as DVD extras. The actors still have to be paid, for instance, as do the technical people. The scripts would also have to be substantially rewritten because the demands of storytelling in radio are so different than those in any visual medium. Adapting the scripts for the stage wuold be infinitely easier than turning them into radio dramas.

Regards,

Joe

But still too expensive to produce as DVD extras. The actors still have to be paid, for instance, as do the technical people. The scripts would also have to be substantially rewritten because the demands of storytelling in radio are so different than those in any visual medium. Adapting the scripts for the stage wuold be infinitely easier than turning them into radio dramas.

Regards,

Joe

They would probably have to be sold by themselves, like the Anne Manx CDs.

* Interactive PC Game based on "Doom" with levels representing TNT's Techwood Campus in Atlanta and monsters looking like TNT execs. Score points by recovering original elements of the show and killing monsters with a variety of weapons. :)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That would be :cool: COOL :cool:... and too good to be true. I can see myself becoming addicted to that game. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How about a Combat Flight Sim. where you get to fly either a Vorlon Battleship, Shadow Battlecrab, any other First One Ship, or the Excalibur, and you get to annihilate TNT Headquarters? This could even be a web game and we could all go in to have our fun together. I got dibs on the Vorlon Battleship! :D

If there were extras I would probably buy them. But I do have the VCDs and they're simply what we saw on television. If no extras, I would save my money. But that could always change. :D

Adapting the scripts for the stage wuold be infinitely easier than turning them into radio dramas.

Hey ... there is an avenue we haven't discussed yet ...

CRUSADE: THE MUSICAL

:cool:

You haven't lived until you've heard Max Eilerson's rendition of "People Who Need People."

Or Galen sing the classic "Put a Spell on You" in the style of Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

w00t! Let's hope it all works out.

The only thing that I really want as far as "extras" is that we get A Call To Arms on there as well. It would be great if they could put it before Racing the Night.

I would definitely buy it, if only to have the speech in which Max explains why he was not expendable. I did not think that any character would be able to hold a candle to my beloved Mr. Garibaldi, and then there was Max Eilerson.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

Frizzell

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back