• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade Chapter 7: Messages From TNT Part II

BlackStar

Beyond the rim
Disclaimer: Get off your encounter-suited butt and read the old ones.
-----------------------------------

Previously on Crusade:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "Captain," Matheson said, "we just intercepted a transmission from TNT space. It was short, to the point, and it seemed to indicate that the TNT Alliance is going to destroy both the Excalibur and Captain Ivanova's ship."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"We'll take Galen's ship. I doubt anyone will recognize a techno-mage ship." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-----------------------------------

*Cue Opening Credits*

Gideon stepped onboard Galen’s ship. He could always tell it was a place of power, but hadn’t actually seen the detail of the inside before.

“Lights,” Galen commanded.

A long row of lights flickered on and the innards of Galen’s ship were visible. The walls were metallic, and dark.

“No wonder you’re always depressed, Galen.”

“I rather like the colors.”

“I see,” Gideon said.

“Well then, we should be off to pick up Captain Ivanova if we have to be on Mars soon.”

Galen closed his eyes, and suddenly Gideon felt the ship lift off the docking bay floor.

“It’s about time,” Ivanova said as she stepped onboard Galen’s ship. “Where the hell have you two been?”

“We had to stock up on weapons,” Gideon said. “Mars is a dangerous place.”

Suddenly Kosh came out of the corner. “Yes.”

“Kosh!” Gideon and Ivanova said simultaneously.

“Yes.”

“What are you doing here?” Gideon asked.

“Knowledge…for the future.”

“I don’t understand,” Ivanova said.

“Ah…you seek meaning?”

“You might say that,” Ivanova said.

“You will soon find it,” Kosh said, sliding away.

The currents of hyperspace soared near the Excalibur as Galen’s ship sped away. It suddenly occurred to Gideon he might never see the Excalibur again.

Meanwhile, Matheson stood watch on the bridge, making sure Galen’s ship made it away safely. This mission would be of great importance, and had the potential to uncover secrets that had to be made known.

“Where are they going?” Max demanded to know as he approached Matheson.

“I can’t tell you that.”

“Yes you can. The question is, why won’t you?”

“It’s none of your business, Mr. Eilerson,” Matheson retorted. “Now go.”

“Who spit in your spoo, Lieutenant?”

“Kosh, you still haven’t explained to me why you’re on Galen’s ship. Why are you here?” Gideon inquired. Kosh said nothing; he only stared back at Gideon. “Is there anything more you can tell me?”

“No.”

“I see,” Gideon turned to Galen. “Is there anything you can tell me?”

“No,” Galen said.

Gideon frowned. “What is it with you people? Did you have a traumatic childhood? Is that why you two are so cryptic? I don’t get it.”

“Yes,” Kosh said.

“I’m going after them,” Dureena said.

“No, you’re not. The Captain told me to let no one go after him. This is an undercover mission, and he doesn’t want any interference.”

“That doesn’t matter. He’s in trouble.”

“What do you mean?” Matheson asked.

“I can’t tell you.”

“I’m not letting you go until you tell me something,” Matheson said.

“Fine,” Dureena said. “I can tell you this and this only—I have credible information that leads me to believe this whole situation has been molded by the TNT Alliance in league with EarthGov. They want Gideon and Ivanova.”

Matheson grew worried. “All right. You can go. But I’m going with you.”

“You!” Dureena exclaimed. “You aren’t going with me!”

“Yes I am,” Matheson said as he took his earpiece off. “And we’re going now. We can’t risk sending the Captain a transmission now. It’s too late.”

“Fine,” Dureena said. “Let’s go.”

The two darted off. Max appeared out of the darkness as the two left. What was going on?

Galen’s ship soared through the atmosphere of Mars. As they entered it, the ship started to shake.

Kosh held on to a small rail near Galen.

Gideon and Ivanova stood in the rear of the ship, suiting up. They would have to be quick if they were going to discover anything. Ivanova’s files had shown that the majority of the information was contained in one Mars dome. Galen’s ship touched down a few miles away.

“All right,” Gideon started, “let’s go.”

Ivanova put on a pair of gloves to keep her hands warm. “I’m ready.”

Kosh looked at them both, along with Galen. “Learn,” he suddenly said.

The front of his encounter suit slowly opened. In an instant Ivanova and Gideon were blinded by the light.

Through Kosh, Gideon saw a large planet. It was a medium-sized world that appeared similar to Earth.

“T’N’T’ha’dum’a,” Kosh said.

Suddenly the image magnified. Gideon suddenly felt dizzy. Through the image, he saw hundreds of ships gathering. Some human, others appeared similar to Drakh ships. Others Gideon had never before seen.

“Terror…from T’N’T’ha’dum’a,” Kosh said.

Then, suddenly, Kosh closed the front of his suit and left Ivanova and Gideon motionless.

Ivanova lead the way, Gideon a few feet behind. She turned, “Only a little further.”

The humungous dome was now in plain site. They would have to go through a southern entrance that was relatively unused.

When they arrived, Ivanova put in a few numbers to a console and the pressure door shot open. They were in at last.

Gideon took off his mask and shook off the deep red Mars dust. Ivanova did the same. They were now walking through a large promenade. A number of different species lined the way, offering various products at a special 30% Thanksgiving discount.

“Humans have no business being here,” Ivanova said as she walked down a narrow street with Gideon. “At least that was what Mr. Garibaldi always said.”

“Who is this Mr. Garibaldi?”

“He was once the security chief on B5.”

“I see. And where is he these days?”

Ivanova narrowly missed being walloped by a purple Drazi. “He runs one of the largest corporations on Mars.”

At last, the shuttle that carried Matheson and Dureena reached Mars. They would have to move quickly if they were to help Gideon and Ivanova.

Dureena still refused to reveal the threat, but Matheson was deeply troubled by the whole situation. Mars was a dangerous place.

Ivanova and Gideon finally turned off a main street and onto a back road.

”This was where my source was,” she said. “He should still be here.”

Gideon narrowed his eyes. “Who was this ‘source’ and where did you find him?”

“Mr. Garibaldi dropped me a small piece of information…” she said.

“I see.” Gideon turned his view upward at the large ceiling of the dome. It was night now. Stars lined the sky.

Ivanova continued to be watchful for her contact. Where was he?

Suddenly three spiky figures appeared ahead of them.

Gideon felt a surging rush of pain in his mind. They were communicating. “We will help you. But you must leave now.”

Ivanova sneered at them as she struggled to maintain balance. "I am Death Incarnate. And I’ll personally rip your—"

The figures grew bright as massive, blinding amounts of energy surged out of them toward Gideon and Ivanova.

---To Be Continued---

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"
- Jeffrey Sinclair

[This message has been edited by BlackStar (edited November 02, 2001).]

*Falls out of chair laughing* That was so funny! T'N'T'ha'dum'a! *Laughs some more* Now THAT was creative! Please, write some more!

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

[This message has been edited by EntilZhaDelenn (edited November 02, 2001).]

This keeps getting funnier & funnier!!!
laugh.gif

I LOVE THIS STORY!!!

------------------
Make the jump to WyldeSpace!!

Ditto!
laugh.gif

You are really good, Sta, did you know that? Methinks you could do well as a comedy writer... or something. This stuff is just too good.
blush.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

Sta, I LOVE it!!!!!!!! This is the funniest story! keep it up!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Kosh held on to a small rail near Galen <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea why that made me laugh so much, but it did. What the hell would Kosh hold on WITH?!
laugh.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Ivanova narrowly missed being walloped by a purple Drazi <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Accompanied by a purple wombat doing showtunes no doubt
laugh.gif

------------------
Demon

[This message has been edited by Demon (edited November 03, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
Accompanied by a purple wombat doing showtunes no doubt
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's funny Demon!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah those little suckers sure find a way of getting around. That's how they got into my salad bar....by being sneaky.
shocked.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Kosh held on to a small rail near Galen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

His robot arm, of course.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

New installment coming soon...
laugh.gif

(For suspense)

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
New installment coming soon...
laugh.gif

(For suspense)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

>Kosh Naranek< "Good." >Kosh Naranek<

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

OH MY GOD!!!!!

I had the *(@#damned Chapter 8 all typed. And then, BOOM! "Incorrect password." I click back...and...gone...failed.
i@#$@@#%@#%!@#$%!$%
*@(#*(@#*(*%#!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOO!!!!

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

This is a definite setback for the Crusade universe.

I'll come back tomorrow...and by God I'll make Chapter 8 better than today's.

I will not surrender, I will not retreat from the absurdities of the universe!

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
This is a definite setback for the Crusade universe.

I'll come back tomorrow...and by God I'll make Chapter 8 better than today's.

I will not surrender, I will not retreat from the absurdities of the universe!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

May Booji be with you.
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Thank ye, thank ye.

Now, scamper off and read Chapter 8.

It is the shiny new and improved version. More refined than the original.

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back