• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade Chapter 6: Messages From TNT

BlackStar

Beyond the rim
Disclaimer: This guy named JMS created Crusade, not me. Sorry to disappoint you if you thought I came up with all of this. The characters belong to him. Well, all except the few I've created.
-------------------------------------

Previously On Crusade:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>"This is the EAS Death Incarnate. Booji sent me," <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Kosh nodded back, "Yes."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The TNT Alliance had infiltrated Earth. It was a dark day, indeed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-------------------------------------

Opening Credits

Gideon sat in his quarters carefully reading over the files Ivanova had sent him earlier.

Confidential, he read, Joint Earth-TNT Project. Gideon frowned at those few words.

He read on, learning things he didn't want to learn, but nevertheless had to.

The TNT Alliance was becoming a clear and present danger, and apparently the people in charge back home had no idea what they were getting into. Or maybe they did.

Matheson stood ready on the bridge, as always. Ever since Ivanova had told him about the TNT infiltrating Earth he had been quiet. He turned and found Dureena behind him.

"Dureena," he nodded.

"What's the matter?" she asked, arms crossed.

"Nothing."

"Sir! We've intercepted a coded transmission that seems to be coming from TNT space," an officer reported.

"Can you decode it?"

"I'm not sure," she said, "it might take a while, but I think we can."

Finally, Gideon came to the part Ivanova had warned him about--a project that Mars and Earth had been working on together for nearly six months. It was a new type of destroyer--powerful, fast, strong.

Then, he came to an image he did not want to see--it was an image of the prototype. It was the same configuration of ship that had attacked the Excalibur days earlier.

It was true. Now something had to be done.

"Sir, I think we've got it translated."

"Good. Audio only?"

"Yes sir."

"Put it on," Matheson ordered.

A dark, low voice came over the speakers. It sounded almost like the Drakh, but there was something unique about it. It was something Matheson couldn't quite identify.

"Discovered...(static)....destroying targets...(static)...do not attempt to interfere."

"That's it, sir."

Matheson grew nervous. What did it all mean? A message to Earth?

At last, Gideon finished scanning through the piles of information Ivanova had sent him. It was time to act now.

He jumped out of his chair and started for the bridge.

As he arrived, he made note of Matheson's look. He was worried and nervous.

"Captain," Matheson said, "we just intercepted a transmission from TNT space. It was short, to the point, and it seemed to indicate that the TNT Alliance is going to destroy both the Excalibur and Captain Ivanova's ship."

Gideon nodded, "I suspected as such. I've got a plan. Prepare to jump to hyperspace." Gideon sat down and composed himself. "Tell Captain Ivanova to follow us in."

"Yes sir," Matheson said.

The Excalibur's engines lit up as she entered the orange-yellow jump point. She was followed soon after by the EAS Death Incarnate.

Gideon sat on the bridge, Captain Susan Ivanova on the screen directly in front of him. "Susan, I understand that you have a lot of information, and I understand that it will prove useful, but we need more if we're going to reveal what Earth is up to."

Ivanova frowned and gave Gideon the look. "We have enough already. I'm not risking my ass to get more when we don't need it."

"All right then. I understand. I'll get the information we need." He thought for a moment and continued, "Now those files seemed to indicate the construction site for these new ships was near or at least in the vicinity of Mars. That's where I'll go."

"You're going to get your ass kicked, if I may say so."

"You may. But I have someone who knows her way around Mars."

"And who would that be?"

"Captain Elizabeth Lochley. She's worked on Mars before and I'm sure she'll be willing to help if I explain to her the gravity of the situation."

"That bitch that took my place on B5 when I left? She wouldn't know how to find her way around a Pak'ma'ra's feeding ground if her life depended on it. I'll go with you."

"All right, fine. But, we can't risk taking the Excalibur or the Death Incarnate. I've got an ace up my sleeve."

"And what would that be?" Ivanova asked while giving Gideon the look.

"We'll take Galen's ship. I doubt anyone will recognize a techno-mage ship."

Ivanova's look grew harsher. "And where is this Galen?"

Gideon thought quickly. "Oh, he's...in the docking bay ready to depart."

"I see. Then we'll be off."

Gideon darted off the bridge and started for the docking bay. He would have to find Galen. To his surprise, however, he nearly ran into Galen as he was leaving the bridge.

"Why did you tell her you could use my ship?"

"Well, Dureena says the decor is quite nice, and...I was hoping to get a date. She is...quite nice."

"Yes, that she is," Galen said in a moment of thought.

Gideon continued, Galen following. "Well then, it's settled."

Galen seemed to grow impatient. "I'll have to go with you. You wouldn't be able to control my ship."

"Good. Let's go."

The two continued down the long hallway. It was going to be a long night.

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"
- Jeffrey Sinclair

[This message has been edited by BlackStar (edited October 31, 2001).]

ROFL
laugh.gif
but it was too short! Argh!

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Yes, it would appear my JMS lessons have payed off.
smile.gif

Seriously, I meant to make it longer. It's just that when I was typing the thing I couldn't really continue where I left off because...well, you'll see.
smile.gif

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

Hmm, you've now had my Captain involved with Lochley, in bed with Dureena and pursuing Ivanova. Did I tell you that I'm the jealous type?
tongue.gif

------------------
Demon

An Max just vanished mysteriously...
frown.gif

I assume there is at least going to be a second series? Or a sequel? Some day along the way?
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

Kribu--you ain't seen nothin' yet.
laugh.gif

I have an epic planned. I just have to find the time to write it.
laugh.gif

And--since this installment was oh so short, I've decided to write up Part II.
smile.gif

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

Considering Kribu's appreciation of Alan Rickman, perhaps a more appropriate phrase might be "dullest spoon in the drawer"!

(See Robin Hood--Prince of Thieves)

------------------
Make the jump to WyldeSpace!!

Good... good...
smile.gif

**Shudders with anticipation**

**Gives Sta some candy and salad to keep up his strength for writing**

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge

Coffee would be more appropriate.
laugh.gif

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

**Makes a whole pot of fresh coffee for Sta**

The things I do for you...
blush.gif

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

And you wonder why I love you?
laugh.gif

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

Which just leaves the question - and why am I doing this for you?
shocked.gif

There must be some deeper reason for this...

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

I may not be the brightest spoon in the drawer, but I thought it was because you wanted a few more laughs out of my saga.
smile.gif

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

Ah yes... you are probably right.
laugh.gif

(Brightest spoon in the drawer?? <Walks away, muttering to herself in confusion> )

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

I think the correct saying was "Sharpest knife in the drawer."

Feh, I never was one for getting sayings correct!
laugh.gif

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

I know. I've heard the "sharpest knife" saying before.
blush.gif

Hence my confusion. But I thought it was... most appropriate.
laugh.gif

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

I'll take that as a compliment.
laugh.gif

*Sips coffee*

------------------
- Jeffrey Sinclair

LOL @ Prof.
laugh.gif

Now that would be a great compliment indeed. Where's the evil smiley when you really need it?

------------------
Kribu's Lounge

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back