• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade/Call to Arms Soundtrack

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I enjoyed the music in "Call to Arms" and planned to buy the CD, as I recalled seeing it in a catalog some months ago. I was sorely dissapointed to discover it was never made.
frown.gif
But there is a soundtrack to Crusade and, as I have never seen the show, I was wondering if it was the same sort of music. Can anyone help poor me?

Steve

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevil2001:
I enjoyed the music in "Call to Arms" and planned to buy the CD, as I recalled seeing it in a catalog some months ago. I was sorely dissapointed to discover it was never made.
frown.gif
But there is a soundtrack to Crusade and, as I have never seen the show, I was wondering if it was the same sort of music. Can anyone help poor me?

Steve

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the A Call to Arms soundtrack was done by Chris Franke, because it was a "Babylon 5" movie.

The Crusade soundtrack was done by Evan Chen, and no, it's not the same music.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

I believe Evan Chen did aCtA also.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Evan H. Chen wrote the music for both A Call to Arms and Crusade.

Although JMS said Chris Franke's label Sonic Images would release both A Call to Arms and Crusade, only the latter was issued.

As for the music, the two are very similar. I'm partial to Crusade, however.

Last I checked, the Crusade CD was listed as "out of stock" at Sonic Images. I've seen it in a couple of stores, though.

If you like Chen's music you can also buy a CD and/or preview tracks at his mp3.com site:

mp3.com - Alien Ear

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

[This message has been edited by taichidave (edited October 26, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
Evan H. Chen wrote the music for both A Call to Arms and Crusade.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn. You guys are right. Haven't watched ACtA for a long time and couldn't hear it in my head from memory.

Well, that's what I get for not checking the tape.
blush.gif
Just checked it now, and it's definitely not Chris Franke.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

You can also download MP3s of Chen's Crusade music, and music from A Call to Arms by going to http://www.musicofb5.com . It's a great site, and legal, too!
smile.gif

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

[This message has been edited by BlackStar (edited October 26, 2001).]

Actually, now that I look at the site, it doesn't have music from A Call to Arms. I could have sworn it did, but you can still download Crusade music.

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlackStar:
Actually, now that I look at the site, it doesn't have music from A Call to Arms. I could have sworn it did, but you can still download Crusade music.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. They used to have the end titles from ACtA. Wonder what happend?

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

Thanks y'all. I listened to the music from Crusade and it was exactly what I was looking for. Now I know what I'll be buying soon...

------------------

I don't suppose anyone knows if it was ever available in the UK do they?

I just had a quick look on amazon and they don't have it. But that doesn't necessarily mean they never did, right??

(I want that music!)

------------------
The man was so fiiine, he could get any good girl into trouble…Can you guess what his name was?…Well…The Jackal...

I hope that I can find a CD of this. I have the Thirdspace and From the Beginning soundtrack. I would love the Call to Arms one. Keep me posted
smile.gif

Rommie

------------------
Keeper of Rommie's Quarters
Commanding Officer of Zeta Squadron
Sworn to Protect the GODDESS
Recipient of the Golden Rommie
"Harper is sweet, but he believes pretty much anything I tell him. Oh I'm sorry, I may have a brain the size of a planet, but I can't tell the difference between one pretty rock and another."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back