• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade bible?

preacher

One of the other threads mentioned that the Crusade Bible was available on-line. I have been looking but can only find reviews.
If anyone has a url or the file, I would love to add it to my B5 text collection.
I have the 6 short stories and 3 unproduced scripts if anyone is still looking for those.
preacher_klee@yahoo.com

------------------
"I bring the hand of God and that's all I bring. I speak for the Hand of God. I am the Preacher"
The Preacher - Dune Messiah

The Bible was available for purchase at the B5 Fan Club, which went down the drain along with Netter Digital.

Netter Digital notwithstanding ... There were only a total of 100 copies of the Crusade bible that were made available to the public. I have number 9, signed by Sandy Bruckner, JMS, Carrie Dobro, and Marjean Holden. They were sold out long before the site was shut down, and there are no (current/announced) plans to make new copies available. If you're wanting to read the actual text, then go to http://www.about.com .... search for the babylon 5 section. I was there a few months ago, and the whole thing was posted in sections on that site.

------------------
"Hello. I want to welcome back our viewers. We've been gone a long time."

Unless my memory is completly off, there were 100 signed ones made. The unsigned ones were available until the club was shut down.

drakh:
You are right on the money. They sold all of the signed copies within a couple of days, but continued offering unsigned copies.

I have my signed copy (#46 I think?) safely tucked away in storage. It only has JMS's signature. A real treasure.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Unless my memory is completly off, there were 100 signed ones made. The unsigned ones were available until the club was shut down.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I believe there were about 100 signed scripts. I forget how many unsigned ones they had. I was able to nab one before the club closed.

------------------
"We all have something to hide. We all have something to tell. We all have a secret name. We all have a question that unlocks our hearts." ~ Galen

about.com no longer has the Crusade Bible that I can find. a couple of people mentioned seeing it there, but i can't locate it. url?
i'm more wondering if anyone had the forethought to archive it to text. i'd just like to read the darn thing.
i will renew my offer of the Crusade scripts and B5 short stories. i put them all in a 300k-ish zip for ease of sending. just send me an email.

doing my part for the resistance:
preacher_klee@yahoo.com

------------------
"I bring the hand of God and that's all I bring. I speak for the Hand of God. I am the Preacher"

Gideonsmine, I sent the stories along. Let me know if you get them.

------------------
Bus
"Little girl, I've had lots of jobs in my day. Whale hunter, seal clubber, president of the Fox Network. And like most people, yeah I've dealt a little ivory."-Mr. Blackheart, who I'm sure did some consulting for TNT

I am the one who typed up all the scripts and short stories that everyone's passing around, and I had fun doing it, and I'm really glad that everyone is enjoying it, but ....

I will not do the same with the writer's bible. JMS specifically asked people not to. I don't mind sharing details, or small passages, but I won't type up the whole thing and send it out. I am sorry to those who have emailed already and asked me to, and for those who are searching desperately for copies, but I would be betraying the Great Maker, and I would never do that.

I will keep looking, however, and hope that a source can be found for them.

Star

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Unless my memory is completly off, there were 100 signed ones made. The unsigned ones were available until the club was shut down.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're probably right. I'm just going with the information that was on my copy.

100 does seem like an awefully low number. Guess this means I have a super special edition! woo hoo!

------------------

Hi star, I was wondering if you were the same Omahastar from scifi chat. Yes we are eternally greatful for the scripts and stories even if I'm never sure how I should feel spreading someone else's work. Not saying anything against you it's just that I don't want to break someone's copyright. Boy do I sound like an ungrateful bastard
wink.gif

------------------
Bus
"Little girl, I've had lots of jobs in my day. Whale hunter, seal clubber, president of the Fox Network. And like most people, yeah I've dealt a little ivory."-Mr. Blackheart, who I'm sure did some consulting for TNT

Dr G - Yep, that would be me. I haven't been in there in awhile ... There were some things that were said that made me feel ... not exactly comfortable in there, but yes, I would be that Star. I couldn't use just Star, because it was already taken, so there I am.
smile.gif

------------------

I have not been there in a while either. Am I right in thinking that some of the more extreme and condescending religious fanatics that have peeked into the board have been chatting? It's too bad it was friendly when I was there. If you don't feel like putting it here don't, or there is always ralstull@yahoo.com. Too bad about the chat but there are advantages to being in a moderated environment like this one.

To bring this back to Crusade you could take the fact that JMS does not want the bible out as a good sign for a possible revival.

------------------
Bus

>>I will not do the same with the writer's bible. JMS specifically asked people not to. I don't mind sharing details, or small passages, but I won't type up the whole thing <<<

If the Great Maker requests, it shall be. God made copyright law to train the faithful. one should not go against the will of God.

However, a bullet point summary w/ details and the plot points would be fan-tab-ulous. i'm mostly curious of the ideas, not the words.
and for the record, i will delete my copies of the scripts and such if an anthology book can replace it. for now, the only trade i can make is to buy a second copy of the dvd to support that noble endevour.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by preacher:
One of the other threads mentioned that the Crusade Bible was available on-line. I have been looking but can only find reviews.
If anyone has a url or the file, I would love to add it to my B5 text collection.
I have the 6 short stories and 3 unproduced scripts if anyone is still looking for those.
preacher_klee@yahoo.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

short stories? honey you would have a friend for life believe ya me.

cstanford@reedsmith.com

Pretty please? I have the scripts and have been sharing them all over the place, but since I didn't even know about the show (didn't have cable for a while and TNT didn't advertise it here) I knew nothing about short stories or anything. Now I am just suffering. Arghhhhhhhhhh.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

To be honest, I really can't think of much that's in the bible that hasn't been relvealed elsewhere.

It's just very general descriptions of the characters, the mission and certain important objects. The only thing about future plotlines is that the show would reinvent itself after a while.

There was a bit of grumbeling at the time that it wasn't worth the money.

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited May 11, 2001).]

I too would love the short stories, if anyone can send em to me that'd be great.
smile.gif

DarkLord666@btinternet.com

------------------
'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow... symmetrys a bitch' - Me

'Remember, light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until they speak.' - Me

[This message has been edited by Dark Lord (edited May 11, 2001).]

Dark Lord - sent

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Star:
Dark Lord - sent<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you very much.
laugh.gif
I owe you a beer.
smile.gif

------------------
'The brighter the light, the darker the shadow... symmetrys a bitch' - Me

'Remember, light travels faster than sound. That's why some people seem bright until they speak.' - Me

Can someone, please, send me the short stories????? I am a brazilian B5/Crusade fan.... Help me!!!!

------------------
Peek-a-boo!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back