• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade article on Cinescape

I dont know if I would call that good news...Good news would be if SciFi picked up Crusade. This is still pretty cool though, maybe we'll get to see some old friends.

------------------
Eat More Goat.

Whoa! "When asked flat out if, at that point, he would deal with the series [CRUSADE] within the setting of B5: THE LEGEND OF THE RANGERS, the creator merely replies: ?Yes. Absolutely. It?s a sneaky way of handling it, but its nice.?"

Wow!

There's also an article on Rising Stars.

------------------

Hasn't he denied this possibility so far...?

I would suppose though that this would depend on what the Sci-Fi people decide after, say, the first year of Rangers or so. If they decide to resurrect Crusade then that would be the best way to go - but if they then decide not to bring Crusade back after all (while still continuing Rangers), it would at least give it some sort of closure?

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Hasn't he denied this possibility so far...?

I would suppose though that this would depend on what the Sci-Fi people decide after, say, the first year of Rangers or so. If they decide to resurrect Crusade then that would be the best way to go - but if they then decide not to bring Crusade back after all (while still continuing Rangers), it would at least give it some sort of closure?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do believe that was the point of JmS's remarks. Since the Sci Fi channel has Crusade on the table for the end of October early November meetings and roundtable discussions, we do not know as of right now what Crusade's future will be, if any. And since LotR is not a series yet, we will just have to see.

It would be nice to meld a few of them into LotR to give the arc closure on that core at least. Yeah, it would be sneaky, but that's JmS for you.

LOL, gotta love him

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Crusade as a series, as a sub-plot in B5LR's 2nd or 3rd season (Lord willing), as a book trilogy or even as a telemovie, I don't care, I just need closure! LOL

Sneaky indeed....

Thanks for the link mordenlafey
smile.gif

------------------
"Faith Manages"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mordenlafey:
cinescape articleSome good news about Crusade...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting take-off on Morgan Le Fey (King Arthur's sister).

hehehehehe

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Even though I have the original episodes on tape it would be very hard for me to get into the proper mindset to just continue Crusade from where it stopped. I would much rather see it melded into the B5LR series as that would be quite logical.

Look at it this way, if B5LR is a series and runs for five years it is going to have to include the Drakh plague as it is part of the Babylon 5 universe and we already know it happened. It would be really weird to have another series going on at the same time about the same time and place and never the twain shall meet
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

------------------

Two shows in the same universe...

Hmmm, you mean like Buffy, the Vampire Slayer and Angel?

Or Ally McBeal and The Practice?

Or ST: Next Generation, Deep Space 9, and Voyager at various points in Trek time?

I think JMS could do as well or better than any of these examples, if he'd a mind to do so. I think Joss Whedon does an excellent job of it on his shows, for that matter.

And what's more, JMS thinks he could do so as well, so don't rule it out...
smile.gif

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Galen

damn you beat me to it, mordenlafey. lol

------------------
Noone here is exactly what he appears.
Babylon 5
G'Kar - Andreas Katsulas

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GideonsMine:
Interesting take-off on Morgan Le Fey (King Arthur's sister).

hehehehehe
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, "mordenlefey" is a very clever name, I agree! So is "GideonsMine" too, I think. I didn't have to ask what those names meant!

Also, I too am holding out hope for a revival of the "Crusade" series. Remember how JMS always said that the finding of a cure to the plague would only "lead into" events later in the series? I was just thinking, wouldn't it be funny if the cure were actually shown as a B5LR episode! With Crusade mentioning in passing something like "well, THAT was an interesting discovery, wasn't it? Onto other things now.."

I know, I know, it would NEVER work. But in any event, I would just love to see both series very soon. OTOH, if Crusade the series is not brought back, I do hope some kind of closure can be made.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

I'm actually kinda bummed. It seems to me like he's saying that the closure will occur in the Rangers series and not in a Crusade series. I'd much rather have the story played out on it's own.

If that's the best we can manage, I guess it'll have to do.

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
I'm actually kinda bummed. It seems to me like he's saying that the closure will occur in the Rangers series and not in a Crusade series. I'd much rather have the story played out on it's own.

If that's the best we can manage, I guess it'll have to do.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really what I thought too, when I first read it. Then I thought, it never really says that, and we don't know what portion of larger comments we are reading, and what was edited out.

I am simply assuming that JMS was discussing what many of us here have: the fact that a B5LR series would HAVE TO address the Crusade story line in about 2 or 2.5 years.

My first reaction was: oh, no, its the end of all hope for Crusade. But now I agree JMS may have just been mentioning the obvious, and some opportunities this might afford.

I'll keep hoping! Save Crusade!

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

I hereby recant my interpretation. See the "Jms debunks Crusade burial speculations... Again..." thread for the details.

Sure sounded to me like he was closing a door, but I'm happy to admit I was wrong.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Yes, "mordenlefey" is a very clever name, I agree! So is "GideonsMine" too, I think. I didn't have to ask what those names meant!

Also, I too am holding out hope for a revival of the "Crusade" series. Remember how JMS always said that the finding of a cure to the plague would only "lead into" events later in the series? I was just thinking, wouldn't it be funny if the cure were actually shown as a B5LR episode! With Crusade mentioning in passing something like "well, THAT was an interesting discovery, wasn't it? Onto other things now.."

I know, I know, it would NEVER work. But in any event, I would just love to see both series very soon. OTOH, if Crusade the series is not brought back, I do hope some kind of closure can be made.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My hubby just snorts and says "yeah, GideonsMine is pretty freaking obvious, duh" hehehehe that is my hubby for you. He thinks I obsess a wee bit. Survival I tell you, I have never had to tolerate so much "sports" in my freaking life. Give me my obsession with Gideon, duh.

LOLOLOL

We all have our moments.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
That's really what I thought too, when I first read it. Then I thought, it never really says that, and we don't know what portion of larger comments we are reading, and what was edited out.

I am simply assuming that JMS was discussing what many of us here have: the fact that a B5LR series would HAVE TO address the Crusade story line in about 2 or 2.5 years.

My first reaction was: oh, no, its the end of all hope for Crusade. But now I agree JMS may have just been mentioning the obvious, and some opportunities this might afford.

I'll keep hoping! Save Crusade!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we all need to remember that at no point in his sci fi career has JmS really spoken "onespeak". He is a creative influence on the genre and he will never totally shut a door down. After all if it doesn't stay alive in his mind, who's will it remain in? As the creator, he has to use any and all opportunities to conclude, build, or re-build his stuff.

No, I didn't take the remark as the end to Crusade, just that if Crusade was not given a chance to live on its own and Rangers was, then he would give us some closure on Crusade in Rangers if that was all there was to be. No more, no less, as nothing is in concrete right now. Certainly not Crusade and neither is the Legend of the Rangers scheduled for a series yet.

We shall see as only Sci Fi will tell.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>

No, I didn't take the remark as the end to Crusade, just that if Crusade was not given a chance to live on its own and Rangers was, then he would give us some closure on Crusade in Rangers if that was all there was to be. No more, no less, as nothing is in concrete right now. Certainly not Crusade and neither is the Legend of the Rangers scheduled for a series yet.

We shall see as only Sci Fi will tell.

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Let's just hope that it is not a brush off conclusion, sort of like the Millenium/X-files crossover episode. I'd rather have it remain a mystery than be wrapped in the last few minutes of a mediocre one-shot episode. I miss Millenium as much as I do the 'dream of Crusade' I'd have to say.

frown.gif

------------------
"Things change...Long time gone."

If what Cinescape posted was all they had, their "interview" was so short as to make you wonder if they tried to corner JMS in an elevator somewhere.
crazy.gif

Having been present for several Years worth of JMS online postings on GEnie, I can tell you that what they posted as his answer was pure Vorlon.

In essence, JMS said:
You're asking a question that Has No Answer Yet.
And you knew that before you asked, so why are you wasting our time?

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mordenlafey:
Let's just hope that it is not a brush off conclusion, sort of like the Millenium/X-files crossover episode. I'd rather have it remain a mystery than be wrapped in the last few minutes of a mediocre one-shot episode.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That was jms' sentiment at the time Crusade aired too. I think he'll deal with Crusade by showing the impact the Excalibur's crew has on the EA and the ISA, without revealing much of the context... Kinda like seeing Londo and G'Kar strangle each other in The Coming of Shadows.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back