• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crazy Jerry Doyle

From Army Archerd's column in Variety (10/9/01):

Sunday morning (8:15), outside the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, actors Jerry Doyle and Patrick Van Horn were attacked by a gun-wielding thief. Van Horn gave up some cash when a gun was put to his head, but Doyle answered, "not today" when the gun was put his head.He lived to tell me the tale and to add that his father was a N.Y. cop. The actors were in Vegas for the premier of UA's "Devious Beings".

He's a madman. I'm looking forward to seeing "Devious Beings", just for the G-Man.

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

IF this is true, I'm not suprised. We know that JMS tried to shape the characters around the actors personalities so this might be acurate. IF this is true. I still have my doubts.

------------------
Ah, good old Psi-Corps. Ya know you guys never cease to amaze me. Just what do you do in your spare time anyway? Juggle babies over a fire pit? Woops... there goes another calculated risk!!!
-Ivonova

God I'm off! I couldn't be more off the f~(%!n' mark! -Bruce Boxleitner

Too many Daffy Duck cartoons will do that to you
laugh.gif

------------------
Life is like a piece of toast...
...Think about it

That guy is my idol, one of my fav. actors too just cos' in B5 you have to believe what he says.
smile.gif
I really hope he comes to Rangers, I mean he did become the financial support for the ISA... gotta have visits to Ranger space every now and then and since he is important perhaps they can have a hijacking of a shuttle?
laugh.gif
Get the Rangers in to kick ass and save the day.

Whoah, getting ahead of myself again.

If Garibaldi and Doyle are much alike as JMS intended then as Garibaldi he can read people like books and know what they're upto. Probably saw in the guys eyes he didn't have the stones to pull the trigger.

------------------
BETH: "Well all I did was go for a really long walk."
JIMMY: "Where'd you go?"
BETH: "I don't know... I mean... all over the city, I guess... and then somehow I ended up standing outside Bill's apartment building and... I wanted to make sure he was... really gone, you know... so I figured out which window was his and then I just started yelling, you know, "BILL, HEY BILL!!!"
JIMMY: "And then what happened?"
BETH: "Well, finally someone opened their window and yelled down, "Shut the hell up you crazy bitch!"
JOE: "That's just what Bill would've done."
BETH: "Yeah, and that just made me think... his spirit lives on in others." - Newsradio

I met Jerry Doyle at DragonCon this year, and this wouldn't suprise me a bit to be true. He's a genuinely good guy and as real a person as they probably allow in Hollywood (along with Richard Biggs and Julie Catlin Brown), but he's definitely got a hard edge I know would show up when warranted.

------------------
-Devin Barber

I wonder if he did it in exactly the same style as Garibaldi in A Call to Arms, that Canoe line cracks me up!

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
From Army Archerd's column in Variety (10/9/01):

Sunday morning (8:15), outside the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, actors Jerry Doyle and Patrick Van Horn were attacked by a gun-wielding thief. Van Horn gave up some cash when a gun was put to his head, but Doyle answered, "not today" when the gun was put his head.He lived to tell me the tale and to add that his father was a N.Y. cop. The actors were in Vegas for the premier of UA's "Devious Beings".

He's a madman. I'm looking forward to seeing "Devious Beings", just for the G-Man.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

crazy.gif
http://amazon.imdb.com/Title?0233559
lists this as a 2000 release. Typo, or was it held up (no pun intended) for some reason?

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

It's an indy film. I imagine they ran into some distribution problems.

Jerry's a cop, and looks pretty damn hardboiled, in this one.

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back