• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

*coughcheapbabylon5dvdscough*

Well, it works out at the same price as Play.com, and I trust Play more than any other DVD retailer /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

But of course you'll all be buying through Ant's link anyway so the price is immaterial, eh chaps? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Not if you live outside of the US you won't ! Sorry Ant but dollars to my currency is a wee bit steep. Just hope to God They get it out here!

Superbob, where are you?

BTW, MVC mentioned above is just Streets Online, DVD Street. So not really a new place.

I've been talking to a non-Amazon UK site, see where things go there.

Antony

sorry, but on an unrelated matter, does play.com take pre-orders? They have several not-yet-released items there that I might be interested in, but they never mention the word "Pre-Order".

Do you know if I can pre-order items just normally like other websites, and have it despatched when released?

Joeseph - *cough* yeah i don't know where it came from, must have been the extreme joy of finding cheap b5 dvd's in the uk /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BTW, MVC mentioned above is just Streets Online, DVD Street. So not really a new place.

[/quote]
The advantage being that I can look out of my window and see the local MVC store, which I understand will be allowing pre-orders within the next couple of weeks, cheaper than the online price for cardholders (or so they tell me).

I've been talking to a non-Amazon UK site, see where things go there.

[/quote]
Do you know what the deal is with amazon.co.uk, Ant? It just strikes me as odd that the US site would have the S1 DVDs up for pre-order whilst the UK one doesn't, even though the UK release is 3 weeks earlier.

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif

cheaper for mvc cardholders!!? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

cheaper for mvc cardholders!!?

[/quote]

Not sure if you're asking or just exclaiming, so I will play safe and go for the former.

In MVC stores every product has two prices, the regular retail price and a lower price for MVC cardholders.

Being a cardholder is free and not complicated, you just walk into the store and ask for one - fill in a short form and they give you it there and then. Then when you buy anything you just show it and get the lower price.

Builds customer loyalty I suppose, and some of the cardholder prices are pretty impressive, I recently bought a CD in there with a retail price of £15.99 and cardholder price of £9.99. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

As I say the claim locally is that when the S1 DVD set is available for pre-order (assuming that it is) there will be the usual lower price for cardholders.

But then I am long past assuming that this sort of info is accurate until I see the price in black and white.

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

cool
i have to get me one of those! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
thanks for the info

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back