• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Claudia Christian

"At least I'm still trying to bring back what should never have been taken off the air...."

Part of that whole argument that bugs me, despite my wanting endless B5 stories, is that it makes those who argue that ("it should never have been taken off the air") sound like they're willfully ignorant. They couldn't have gotten into the show without knowing that the show was designed *from the beginning* to last no more than five years. It's part of what makes the show what it is.

Claudia said some dumb things probably under the direction of her agent,...

I, too, have thought that a sizable degree of the shit that went down between Claudia and the B5 group was a result of whispers and words from her agent. I think he really just thought he was being super cool agent man and shares a good amount of the blame for things being screwed up on her part.

Part of that whole argument that bugs me, despite my wanting endless B5 stories, is that it makes those who argue that ("it should never have been taken off the air") sound like they're willfully ignorant. They couldn't have gotten into the show without knowing that the show was designed *from the beginning* to last no more than five years. It's part of what makes the show what it is.
I think we have to take comments like that as being somewhat sulky ways of expressing how much they miss the show...and the regular income, for that matter. Bruce Boxleitner said much the same thing and has been quoted recently as saying how angry and bitter he'd been at the show ending even though he'd known the plan all along. In H'Wood they don't really expect the artistic vision to supercede the financial one.

I, too, have thought that a sizable degree of the shit that went down between Claudia and the B5 group was a result of whispers and words from her agent. I think he really just thought he was being super cool agent man and shares a good amount of the blame for things being screwed up on her part.
I tend to agree, especially given the revelation in Volume 11 of the script books that her agent called John Copeland a few weeks after everything went down at the UK con, thinking that the B5 producers would be ready to negotiate. John Copeland told him it was far, far, too late. When all's said and done, though, it's Claudia's responsibility because her agent couldn't have done anything without her okay.

Jan

Is it possible that some of Jerry's "paranoia" is just something he does for his listeners on the radio show? Talking things up more than he knows they are? LOTS of radio personalities do that...

I think we have to take comments like that as being somewhat sulky ways of expressing how much they miss the show...and the regular income, for that matter. Bruce Boxleitner said much the same thing and has been quoted recently as saying how angry and bitter he'd been at the show ending even though he'd known the plan all along. In H'Wood they don't really expect the artistic vision to supercede the financial one.

Yea and I've always thought that BB knew more about the show he was in that most actors/actresses do. He always knows whats going on (for the most part) in interviews, commentaries, and the like. He was very much into his role. Not like those stars who do a show for 6 years and can't tell you much about it all except to say "how do those geeky fans remember this stuff? I did it and I don't even know all that."

Some of that is simply an actor's experience.

The more experienced the actor, the less likely that your particular favorite series or episode will be one that stands out in the actor's memory. It would be like asking a teacher about to retire after 40 years of work to remember everything that every one of those students ever said.

Heck, at my college that really advertises its "small class sizes", I'll have taught about 8000 students in my career when I get to be retirement age.

You see, while that geeky fan who has the entire series memorized, word-for-word was doing that, the actually creative people who worked for the show will have moved on to other projects. If those prove to be very satisfying to them, of course they won't be spending a lot of time thinking about a show they did decades ago.

That's hardly something to criticize.

Oh definitely agreed, I was actually defending the fact that she wasn't hired for her acting ability so much as her looks. I don't think she's terrible, and I enjoy watching her, but, she definitely won't be winning any emmys for acting alone. I think most of her acting jobs has been because she is a stunt woman.

I suspect that the parts Pat Tallman got because she is a stunt woman includes Lyta. I get the feeling that Lyta Alexander was mean to morph into an action role.

The arcs of Lyta and the zombie killing Barbara are too similar - mouse to killing machine.

I suspect that the parts Pat Tallman got because she is a stunt woman includes Lyta. I get the feeling that Lyta Alexander was mean to morph into an action role.

The arcs of Lyta and the zombie killing Barbara are too similar - mouse to killing machine.

Yea, it helps the budget, but, JMS did specifically state, it was the eyes that made him realize he had to have her, and created Lyta's role for her. He said she had Telepath eyes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back