• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Casting Shadows / Crusade speculations...

vakie

Beyond the rim
Based on what we find out about Galen's and the other technomages' past in Casting Shadows, and since jms has said that a lot of the stuff he had planned to reveal in Crusade will now be revealed in these books, I'm now speculating on what could've happened in Crusade. Of course, since only the first book of the trilogy is out so far, I'll probably miss the truth by a parsec or two.

In the first season of Crusade we get some foreshadowing about Galen's past (Isabelle's death), and some hints about the technomages, and in the season finale we find out that the technomages are using shadow tech, and Galen is following the Excalibur and Gideon because he is on a mission from the technomages to keep track of left over shadow tech.

In season two (or in some unwritten scripts for season 1) we maybe would've found out more about what happened to Isabelle, and why, and by whom. Perhaps some more flashbacks. If Galen doesn't get to kill Elizar or the other traitors in the remaining books (the description for book 2 says "he is driven to hunt and kill Elizar", but we don't know yet if he succeeds), he probably would've come across them in Crusade, and have a friendly chat with them (or blow their heads off), possibly with the help of Gideon. Or then there might be some other left over business regarding the technomages he has to do which we will find out in the 2 remaining books.

We of course would've also found out more details about the technomages and their ways, Galen's history with Elric and possibly Alwyn, and maybe even some flashbacks to 'The Geometry of Shadows', and find out what really happened during that episode, and what really happened when Galen saved Gideon.

I'm sure jms had all this great background story written down, and he planned to have some flashbacks and stuff down the road to reveal what Galen and the other technomages were up to during the war (the description for book 2 hints that Galen goes to Z'ha'dum in 2259).

Do you agree or think that I'm way off base here?
smile.gif

------------------
vakie

Interesting...

I think he's already killed Elizar, etc. by the time Crusade starts "I thought you said you don't hold a grudge?" "I don't. I have no surviving enemies, at all."

I also want to know what happened to Elric. I hate the thought of him dieing. I really like him!

------------------
"Expect me, when you see me."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Derian:
I also want to know what happened to Elric. I hate the thought of him dieing. I really like him!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me, too! He wasn't in "A Call to Arms". That other mage (who I suspect might be Blaylock) was there instead. Hopefully we'll get more info on that in the second book...but you know how these writers like to tease us!
smile.gif

Was it my imagination, or did Alwyn seem a bit more loose and relaxed in the first book? He didn't strike me as being so liberal in "The Long Road". Maybe he was more carefree before the Shadow War ensued?

------------------
"We all have something to hide. We all have something to tell. We all have a secret name. We all have a question that unlocks our hearts." ~ Galen

Galen said in 'The Long Road' that Elric died shortly after the technomages reached their hiding place (I would assume this was sometime in 2259).

As for Alwyn seeming more loose and relaxed, I think a lot can happen to a person in 10 years, especially if there's a war or two and people around you die.
smile.gif

------------------
vakie

War is hell on all living things.

One should find a better way.

Why does everyone have such lousy human nature?????

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Because the air is human. Yes, I liked that one.

You have a point Vakie.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

Back