• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I think everyone knows it by now.
laugh.gif

Chapter 9 Christmas

“Laya! Wake up, Laya! It’s Christmas!”

Latiya groaned and opened her eyes. David was still in his pajamas and he was trying to bounce on her bed.

“What is it, David?”

“It’s Christmas! Come and open presents with me!”

Latiya sat up and stretched. She got up and put on her robes. David grabbed her and practically dragged her to the living room. The tree was surrounded with boxes wrapped with shiny colored paper. David ran to the tree and dragged her along. He sat down and grabbed a parcel.

“Laya, what does this say?” he asked, holding out a package for her to read.

She looked at the tag that was written in English. “It’s for you, David.”

He smiled and proceeded to tear off the paper. Latiya sat on the floor next to him. Then John and Delenn walked in. They still looked tired, but smiled anyway.

“Good morning.” Latiya said.

“Good morning.” John and Delenn said as they sat down.

David got up and showed his parents his new toy. John nodded with approval.

“It’s very nice, David.”

David smiled and worked on the next gift. Latiya enjoyed watching him open his gifts.

At dinner, there was an array of Human foods as well as Minbari. Latiya had eaten Human food when she lived with Joshua. She did not enjoy spicy foods, but did enjoy some of the ethnic foods like Soda Bread from Ireland.

“You’ve had Human food before, right?” John asked.

“I was practically raised on it.” Latiya replied.

“Oh, that’s right.” John replied.

“I’m full!” David declared.

John looked at David’s plate. There was still some turkey, mashed potatoes, and corn on his plate. Delenn smiled.

“You can’t possibly be finished. There is still food on your plate.”

“Delenn, if he’s done eating, he’s done eating. He just won’t be able to have dessert.”

David grew wide-eyed at this statement and began to eat again. Latiya smiled. Joshua had tried the same tactics with her when she was little. It never worked because she never had a big appetite to begin with.

When dinner was finished, John gave David a sugar cookie for dessert. Latiya declined when John offered her one, because she was full. She got up from the table and walked to the living room. John caught up with her and walked with her.

“Are you okay?”

“I just miss being a part of the Anla’shok.”

“You’ll be able to go back in two days.”

“I know. At least I won’t make the same mistake again.”

They went into the living room. Latiya and John sat on the couch. She stared at the tree some more. Soon, Latiya found her eyelids drooping and she rested her head on the armrest. She fell asleep.

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. August 26, 2001.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Cool, I like. Your name is Hope Maria Conaway, that's a really beautiful name.. I just noticed that it was under your story, for all I know it might've been on all of them
laugh.gif

Wow, I really am losing it... I forgot what I was gonna say.. Well, good job, I like your stories.

May Valen be with you.

Look a new chapter...
shocked.gif
and it's about christmas...
shocked.gif
Keep it comin EntilZha.
laugh.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

*Blushes* You really mean it, Solaris? YOu really think my name is beautiful? Thank you!

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

This is the mushy part of the story? It's nice.
smile.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

Thank you, Solaris!

RW, there is more mush to come. You have been warned...
laugh.gif

BlackStar, I have read them and I think they are very humorous. I apologize for not leaving a review.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

Yah, it's a really beautiful name, I'm not just being nice, I really think so...
Keep the story coming, we all wanna read more, it turned out to be quite good.

May Valen be with you.

Yes. AND, if you really want epic storytelling, visit my Crusade Fanfics.

*Kicks self*

Sorry. I'm a walking advertisement.
laugh.gif

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back