• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 4

Disclaimer: Please look at Chapter 1 if you do not know the discalimer.

Chapter 4 Trust and Respect

"So, we enjoyed dinner. John seemed rather ‘out of it’, as the Humans would say. It was as if he did not feel comfortable when I was around."

"Impossible, Latiya. Sheridan adores you."

"Yes, he adores me now. But, it was not like that when we first met. To him, I was another unimportant child."

"Latiya, you can’t possibly-"

"Chantal! I know what he was thinking about me! I could see it in his eyes! All I ever wanted then was to gain his respect. I earned it all right. Just as soon as something terrible happened."

"You’re getting ahead of yourself." Chantal warned.

"I know. Anyway, that night, I would gain his trust and respect."

Latiya was walking down the corridor to her bedroom when she heard screams coming from David’s playroom. She turned around and gasped.

"David!" she gasped as she ran to his playroom and punched in the code.

The door opened and a figure dressed in black had David in his arms. David was crying and struggling to break free. Latiya whipped out her denn’bok and extended it as she took big steps up to the impostor. With one end of her pike, she hit the figure on the side of his hooded head.

He fell to the side with David still in his hands. She whacked both of his hands and the man loosened his grip on David, screaming in pain.

"Did I just break your knuckles? Oh, that’s not what I wanted to do. I wanted to break your arm!"

She pretended she was going to hit his right arm, but hit him in the stomach. The man scrunched together, hoping to block some of the blows she was dealing.

Soon, a bunch of rangers came in and grabbed the man by the arms and dragged him out. Delenn and John ran in, looking around the room in horror. Delenn ran to David, picked him up, and fiercely hugged him.

"What happened?" John asked.

"Bad man come in through the window an’ then Laya come in an’ beat him up!" David explained for Latiya.

John and Delenn looked at Latiya thankfully. Latiya smiled and modestly looked at the floor.

"Thank you so much, Latiya." Delenn said.

"It was no trouble at all, Delenn." Latiya replied quietly.

"Well, David. How about a bath and then a bedtime story?"

"Yeah!" David cried.

Delenn laughed. "All right, David. Let’s go take a bath and get you ready for bed." Delenn said as she left.

Latiya and John were left standing in the room; an awkward silence filled the air.

"Uh…I want to thank you…for saving David. I don’t know what would’ve happened if you weren’t there. But, I want you to know…that you have my trust."

Latiya looked up, daring to believe what she had just heard. "Thank you so much, President Sher-John."

He smiled and left the room. Latiya sat down, feeling the happiest she had ever felt.

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. August 23, 2001.

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

Oooo, write more please.
smile.gif

------------------
RW, the salad ambassador. Visit my salad bar forum at www.b5rangers.net

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back