• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 24

Disclaimer: Same as usual.

Chapter 24 The Plan

"Do we have to go now? I mean, I just got here and I-"

"Chantal, stop complaining. I don’t know how much longer they will be alive."

"Granted, but still-"

Latiya stopped running and turned to Chantal, her eyes were like emerald green fires. Chantal stepped back, a look of surprise on her face.

"If you feel that way, perhaps you should not come. They are my parents, Chantal, and I will not abandon them. You will not be a big help if you are going to complain!"

"Okay, okay. I’m sorry. Let’s go."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Latiya asked.

"I live for The One, I die for The One." Chantal replied firmly.

"All right, then. Let’s get going." Latiya said as she turned and continued running.

They soon arrived in Captain Ivanova’s office where Nerrel, several security guards, Ivanova, and Garibaldi were waiting.

"Are you sure want to do this?"

"I’m fine, captain." Latiya insisted.

"All right, then. Let’s get this show on the road." Garibaldi said.

"I suggest that we get Latiya in there to create a distraction, and then-"

"I’m afraid I can’t do that, Mr. Garibaldi. Tannia would recognize me right away."

"I will do it. She does not know me, and she will not be able to recognize me. Is that all right, captain?" Nerrel said.

"Yeah, I mean, if you really want to." Ivanova said, shrugging.

"Then I will create a distraction." Nerrel confirmed.

"Okay. Try and lead them out of the room so that we can get to the Sheridans. It shouldn’t be too hard, now should it?"

"You may want to watch out for Tannia. She may not be good at fighting, but compensates for it by using cleverness and cunning." Latiya warned.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" Chantal whispered to Latiya.

"After a fashion." Latiya whispered back.

"Okay. Let’s go." Garibaldi said as he clapped his hands together.

Nerrel, Chantal, Garibaldi, Ivanova, and the security guards left. Latiya stood for a second and then left. She felt something grab her arm and she spun around.

"Furrell!"

"Latiya, listen to me, please." Furrell said as he let go of her arm.

"No." Latiya said coldly as she turned to leave.

"Latiya, just give me a chance."

Latiya slowly faced him. She stared at him. His eyes were pleading and it began to soften her. She sighed and looked at him again.

"All right, but hurry."

"I am sorry about…everything. I am sorry that I mislead you. I…want to make it up. I want to help."

"I can no longer trust you, Furrell."

"Latiya-"

"I no longer know the person who stands in front of me. It is a shame that everything had to end this way. I am sorry, Furrell, but I cannot help, nor trust you."

"Latiya-"

"If you want to be helpful, you can leave me alone!" Latiya said as she turned and left him alone.

The team gathered in the corridor, poised to strike. At a nod from Ivanova’s head, Nerrel was off. With another nod from Ivanova, the team began to break apart to get to their positions. Latiya slowly crept across the corridor and hid by a corner.

A few more agonizing minutes passed before she saw Nerrel come out, followed by armed Minbari.

"I saw them down here." Nerrel said loudly, his nervousness was not betraying his tone.

"You would not mislead us, would you?" one said with suspicion.

"No. I-"

Nerrel’s voice was lost as he rounded the corner, bringing the Minbari guards with him.

"Go!" Ivanova yelled.

Latiya, among many others, tore down the corridor towards the room the Sheridans were in. Latiya extended her denn’bok and ran into the room. Tannia stood over John Sheridan, a blade in her hand.

Tannia looked up and smiled. "Latiya Sheridan! My good, dear friend. How lovely to see you."

"Shut up and put that blade down. If you do what I say, it will give me one less reason to kill you."

"Oh, you think I will do as you ask?"

Latiya held out her denn’bok and she watched Tannia closely. Tannia lunged towards Latiya as several security guards came in. She stopped as she ran into one of the guards. Latiya ran over to John and began untying him from the chair.

"It’s good to see you again, Latiya." John said.

Latiya did not answer. She concentrated on untying him. In a few minutes, she was done. He stood up, rubbing his wrists. Latiya handed him an extra denn’bok she had carried with her.

"Do you know how to use this?"

"I have a vague idea." John said.

"Good. Where is Delenn?"

"She is next door."

"Okay. Ivanova is taking care of that." Latiya said as she hit a Minbari on the head with her pike.

John extended his weapon and tried to use it effectively. Latiya went about the room, fighting several people. She soon saw Ivanova enter with Delenn. It was then, a horrible thought struck Latiya.

"David! Where is David?!"

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. October 30, 2001.

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

As Sheridan would say, "Aw Hell!!" I am glad this isn't on tv, 'cause this would surely
end the season....

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"
The Bee Five CD jacket(from Mira): "The one who sings, means no harm."

Excitement!!!!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Latest posts

Members online

Back