• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 23

Disclaimer: Same as usual.

Chapter 23 Shame and Hurt

Latiya woke up the next morning with Nerrel’s arms wrapped around her. She looked out and saw that Furrell was gone. She slowly sat up and looked at Nerrel. He was happily sleeping.

Latiya shook her head and sighed. His love could never be. She kissed him on the forehead and slowly got up. She left her quarters in search of Furrell.

She had no idea why she was looking for more trouble. She had to look at him and see that it was only a bad dream she had. She wanted to make sure that events of the night before were only a figment of her imagination.

She spent the whole morning searching for him, but she never found him. When she returned to her quarters, Nerrel was gone. In his place was a letter. She picked it up, opened it, and read it. The letter was from Furrell. After reading it, she sat down, letting the letter drop to the floor. It was true. Furrell had done that horrible act.

Her doorbell rang and she stood, feeling suspicious. "Who is it?"

"It’s Captain Ivanova."

"Come." Latiya said.

The door opened and Ivanova entered the room. She looked about and finally settled her eyes on the young Minbari.

"I-uh-heard what happened last night."

Latiya let out a shaky breath and looked at the floor. She nodded slowly and looked at Ivanova with sad eyes. Ivanova cleared her throat.

"The computer just finished the analysis. They are on Brown 47. As soon as you’re ready, we’ll go."

Latiya nodded and Ivanova turned to leave. Latiya followed Ivanova out of her quarters and they both turned different ways. Latiya walked by Furrell’s quarters. She stopped in front of Nerrel’s quarters. She took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

"Come," his voice rang through the com.

The door opened and Latiya stepped in. Nerrel was in the kitchenette making something. She walked towards him as he looked up.

"Hello. Would you like some tea?"

"Yes, please." Latiya said.

"Please, sit down." Nerrel invited.

Latiya sat on the stool and watched Nerrel silently. Nerrel turned to her and handed her a cup of hot tea. They were silent for a spell until Latiya took her first sip of the tea.

"I want…to thank you for what you did last night."

"It…it was no trouble at all." Nerrel stammered.

Latiya noticed the tension and uneasiness in the air. She took another sip of tea and looked at him.

"They found the Sheridans…er…where they think they are. They are going to investigate."

"Why didn’t you go?" Nerrel asked.

"I need more time…to get over what happened. It is not everyday that you are almost raped."

Nerrel set down his cup and turned away from her. Latiya also set her cup down and stood up. She touched his shoulder gently and he turned to face her. Infinite pain was spread across his face and ingrained in his eyes.

"You do not know how much this hurts and shames me. To think that my own brother would do such a thing to…to…such a…wonderful…person like you."

"Even though he did this horrible thing, I cannot let go of him as easily as I want to. I still love him. He seemed like such a wonderful person when I first met him."

"He was always mentally unstable. I…never thought he would reveal that in such a way. It is so shameful," he said as he looked down.

"Nerrel-"

"Go…before I become irrational."

Latiya removed her hand and looked down. She turned and left his quarters. She understood his coldness towards her. After all, his love was only to be a crush. She felt so lonely now. There was no one to turn to and no one to talk to. She looked up and at the end of the corridor, she spotted a Ranger with chestnut brown hair. She smiled and ran to her.

"Chantal!" Latiya cried.

Chantal turned just in time for the young Minbari woman to hug her, practically knocking her down.

"Whoa! Calm down, Latiya! God, woman! I need to breathe!"

"I’m sorry!" Latiya said happily as she let go of her friend.

Chantal stood up straight and looked at her strangely. "You okay?"

Latiya’s smiled disappeared and she looked at the floor. Chantal sighed.

"Take me to your quarters and we’ll talk."

"Aw, honey…I’m so sorry. I would’ve never suspected that."

"Me neither, but I guess it was inevitable if what Nerrel said about him was true." Latiya said sadly.

"Where is he now?"

"I don’t know. He left and I haven’t found him."

"Miss Sheridan?"

Latiya stood up and faced the computer. "Yes, Captain Ivanova?"

"We sent a spy down to Brown 47 to see what was going on down there. He just returned."

"Are they all right?"

"Yes. They are still alive."

Latiya smiled as the computer shut off. She turned and slowly sank to the floor, tears of happiness crawled down her face.

"Thank Valen they are safe."

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. October 29, 2001.

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

I think somebody sliped Furrell some alchi hol... anyway I'm going sleepi now.
laugh.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

*sigh....

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"
The Bee Five CD jacket(from Mira): "The one who sings, means no harm."

I'm getting the brothers confused. Which one does she really love and which one did she sleep with or whatever?

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shaal Mayan:
Hey Flarnchef I like your pic
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks........wanted something different,
and I thought this was a cool foreshadowing
of Delenn's emotional human side!

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"
The Bee Five CD jacket(from Mira): "The one who sings, means no harm."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back