• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Blips = Drakh?

Thanks to Lyta, the Blip (human rogue telepath) underground knows that they were invented by the Vorlons to do a job. That job is now over, and they have no home and no one to care for them. The Blips respond, at least to some extent, by striking out against the rest of the galaxy.

The Drakh were obediant servants to the Shadows. We don't know one way or the other if they were genetically designed to serve this role; but they faithfully serve the Shadows nevertheless. Once the Shadows leave, the Drakh are left without a home, purpose, and have no one to care for them. They respond, at least to some extent, by striking out at the rest of the galaxy (but from the shadows, of course).

Food for thought.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

Interesting analogy, but there's one real flaw. The Drakh were servants. Now that their masters have left they've decided they want to be masters themselves. Hence what they've done on Centurai Prime. Also, they are out to revenge what was done to their masters: the plague. The blips are another story. All they want is to be left alone. Their only desire is to have a homeworld of their own. Not to strike out at or dominate anyone. Only no one will let them and they were forced to resort to violence. I don't really like the comparison cause it gives Lyta and the blips a bad name.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>We don't know one way or the other if they were genetically designed to serve this role; but they faithfully serve the Shadows nevertheless.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>didnt the technomage trilogy say that the drakh had a special part of their brain designed for communicating with the shadows? that points to G.E...</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

Um, Bester?
crazy.gif
He may just be a representative of the bad it's still a valid point. What happens a hundred years down the line when you get a telepathic Hitler working up the telepathic masses and striking out at the Mundanes. Are the blips and drahks really all that dissimilar?
crazy.gif

------------------
"I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light. I come to take the place that has been prepared for me"
-------------------------
the present becomes the past, the past becomes history, history becomes legend, legend becomes myth, myth becomes obscurity! please pass the flarn!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Galen's Staff:
The blips are another story. All they want is to be left alone. Their only desire is to have a homeworld of their own. Not to strike out at or dominate anyone. Only no one will let them and they were forced to resort to violence. I don't really like the comparison cause it gives Lyta and the blips a bad name.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, "Lyta and the Blips" sounds like a bad 80's band.
laugh.gif

Nobody forced them to use violence. They asked for quite a bit. They wanted a homeworld.

Byron used deception (and an unauthorized scan) to address the Alliance Council. When he blindsides them with the demand for a homeworld, Sheridan rightly says he's out of order. So Byron trys to blackmail them.

Byron had several opportunities to play it straight and didn't. Convinced of the rightness of his cause, he crossed the line again and again, and then wondered why he couldn't control his fellow telepaths. They merely followed his example.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taichidave:
First off, "Lyta and the Blips" sounds like a bad 80's band.
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has Rhino Records released the "greatest hits" CD yet?

lol.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>What happens a hundred years down the line<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A hundred years later, the experient at segregation called Psi-Corps will have failed due to various reasons. And the Vorlon experiment will have achieved its intended state. Telepath genes have become widespread.

Most people carry some telepath genes, a significant portion are low-level telepaths, able to sense emotions and block a scan. And some individuals will have accidentally got the full set, giving them great talent.

Telepathy has become just another skill. It has lost its mystical reputation. Just a skill. Some use it for good. Some use it for harm. Some do not use it. With low-level telepathic abilities much more common, ways of misusing the talent have greatly diminished. The situation probably resembles that among most other civilisations.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited March 03, 2002).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back