• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Blakes 7 on DVD

Oatley1

Beyond the rim
I got in the post yesterday the Region 2 first season of Blakes 7, the best British telefantasy ever made. I have been hanging out for this for ages, to replace my ageing VHS tapes that I bought over 10 years ago.

I watched the first episode last night, and it just reminded me why I liked this series so much. The quality is reasonable, though not great, considering the source tapes.

For anyone who likes great stories (and doesn't mind crappy sets and props), this is a must! Adult and gritty, with great dialogue.

This reminds me. Last summer I was on a camp and met someone who was an extra in the first episode of Blakes 7. He played one of the people who got killed in the tunnels and then a federation officer.

I had to take a picture.
blake1.jpg

The people on the camp thought we were quite sad talking sci-fi, which I thought was a bit strange as it was a 'Swallows and Amazons' camp and so not a long way from a convention.

Yeah, when are they gonna release it on region one, that's what I wanna know. I'm sure I'll see the new Dr. Who before I see any Blake's 7.

By the way, can our kind british friends across the lake there please let us know when Dr. Who finally actually starts. Maybe we can guess from there about how long it might be before we get it here :D

CE

Dude, whether it blows, or kicks ass, you can bet I will be jabbering away as soon as it airs. :)

Likewise if this propsed B7 revival ever comes to anything...

VB

no idea here ... :confused:
the decision to do dr.who again was before greg dyke resigned, (please no political chat here) So i aam hoping it will still be done .

I thought I read somewhere the Dr. Who is still moving along, a 13 episode season, IIRC.

And I've never seen all of Blake's 7 and will buy it on DVD the moment it comes out in region 1. :cool:

What little I saw of it I loved. The fury about the ending I know about, too, it was spoiled to me many years ago.

you are of course RIGHT .
Due to my laziness I have not even visited the dr.who site in months . It seems it is still on course . Question is who will it be ? As it noted on the site , a Sunday tabloid (Or comic) said it was going to be Paul Daniels ! :LOL:

I've known about the cult status of B7 for a few years. If someone says it's a forerunner of B5 and Farscape it's bound to be excellent, and was glad it got a release on DVD.

But before I shell out on a box set, let alone one that's going to set me back £44, I'd like to see an episode or two to see if I'd like it. I think I'll be convinced, but I don't want to take the risk.

But before I shell out on a box set, let alone one that's going to set me back £44, I'd like to see an episode or two to see if I'd like it. I think I'll be convinced, but I don't want to take the risk.

Check out Wobblevision . It doesn't tell you anthing about the production values, but it will give you a laugh. I played Avon in Terminal.

Back