• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Black uniforms-question about colors

Cern

Regular
Is there any official (or unofficial) explanation for the different colors of the undershirts/turtlenecks worn under the black uniform jacket/vest? Do the colors represent different branches like the stet (sp?) bar (red=command, green=2nd officer, etc) or different ranks, red=captain, green=Lt. Commander, etc?

just thinking things through....

------------------
Marcus, "Well They said I was carrying around a lot of repressed anger.
Lennier, "and?"
Marcus, "I'm not repressed anymore."

Not that I know of.

First off it's doubtful that all aliens see the same color spectrum we do lessening the effect. This is why each division of b5 has a symbol as well. When the Narn join security you can see a gunsight pin on them. It also seems too trek. I could be wrong though.

------------------
Bus
"Authorities say the phony pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and increadibly foul mouth." Kent Brockman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> like the stet (sp?) bar <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stat Bar. Short for Status, I think.

You certainly wouldn't color code Rank. Get a promotion and have to buy a new wardrobe?

Sidebar: Something of this nature Does happen in today's US Navy. Not color. When an Enlisted person (non-com) advances to E7 (Chief Petty Officer), the entire uniform changes and the Navy has to buy the newly promoted person a new set of Uniforms. The official allowance for this is just enough to cover a couple sets. Since most people need more than Two changes of clothes, the new Chief has to make a substantial investment in new uniforms.

This only happens Once. Can you imagine the complaints if you had to do it for Every Promotion?

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back