• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Best B5 game

Emfeeli

Regular
What is your favorite, or in your opinion, the best B5 game out there? The ones I know of are B5:CCG, Babylon 5 Board game, and B5 Wars. I don't think B5: Into the fire counts, since it never came it out. Mine is B5:CCG, because its fun to play, reletively difficult, and the cards are neat looking.

Phl
smile.gif

------------------
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho' we are not that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-- Alfred Lord Tennyson
A poem left by Jeff Sinclair for John Sheridan

Undoubtedly The Babylon Project RPG, because it allows the utmost flexibility and involvement with any aspect of the B5 universe.

What B5 board game?

------------------

I saw a B5 board board game at a gaming store in the city. I never knew it existed either until a few months ago. It looks like it came out around second season, and there are expansions. It didn't look all that bad.

------------------
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho' we are not that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
-- Alfred Lord Tennyson
A poem left by Jeff Sinclair for John Sheridan

Definately the RPG, then the CCG.

------------------
I'm lobbying for someplace more comfortable for our next gathering place. A nice resort with a beach. A bunch of pale skinned technomages in black robes would fit right in.

Babylon 5 Wars tactical space combat boardgame RULES! I just love taking my fleet into battle
wink.gif

Also it's two derivates - Fleet Action for large scale battles and GROPOS for tanks, troops and similar...

The Babylon Project RPG, as a close second. The game system sucked unfortunately, the game died and some info turned out to be plain wrong, but I really liked the idea of roleplaying on the B5 universe, and would have enjoyed seeing more of it (even if some of the info turned out to be inaccurate later - so did some of the things we heard in the show...).
I hope sometime in the future someone else will pick up a license for a B5 RPG and make a better and more successful attempt on this one... (maybe even AoG - wouldn't it be cool to have a RPG that ties in with B5W? Let your character from the RPG jump into your Starfury in B5W rules...)

Babylon 5 Collectible Card Game I liked that one too, even if my style of playing it was a bit different from the usual & accepted one (very big decks, which are a bit ineffective, but if everyone plays with such one it makes for looong and very interesting games... and makes diplomacy between players much, much more important). A pity the later editions did make their way to Austria only in small numbers (or not at all - I never saw the promised Crusade expansion here). Last I heard it died though... double pity.

Babylon 5 Component Game System that one wasn't worth playing IMO. Or even looking at...

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back