• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Been a long time...just watched...

AddiCTB5

B5LR and yes, I know it was a pilot, but I was disappointed. The thing that really got to me were the weapons scenes...absolutely horrible. It's an interesting idea, but..just no. And that one part where she's spazzing out throwing her arms and legs everywhere was just lame....and comical. I hope we get something new soon...JMS needs to talk to us more.
oh and hi to everyone i havent seen since like 6 seasons ago =P

y0 guy,

You missed that whole weapons pod discussion bandwagon. It took place here on this very forum about 3 weeks ago. Scroll down through the old threads and get up to speed.
smile.gif

Oh, while you are at it, stop off at the Threads about writing the sponsors and lend a hand to our letter writing campaign to ensure Rangers gets the series it deserves.
smile.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

[This message has been edited by Recoil (edited February 12, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The thing that really got to me were the weapons scenes...absolutely horrible. It's an interesting idea, but..just no. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't this the whole point. It's an interesting idea, something new and out of the ordinary.

"Let's give it a try and see if it works".

Some people thought it did, some thought it didn't. Being a Brit I haven't seen it yet, so can't comment one way or the other, but let's at least give JMS some credit for trying out new ideas, when so much SFTV is bland and formulaic.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>...JMS needs to talk to us more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? Because we know better?

This board proves that some people loved the gunnery pod, some hated it, some thought the movie should have been more like B5, some thought it was very enjoyable in its own right.

Likewise, some people hated S5 of Babylon 5, others loved it. I thought it was a bit dull, but with some really good stuff in there.

Even if JMS decided that he wants the fans input (which he won't) how could he form anything cohesive from the diversity of opinions that abound.

I think we should be happy to let him go where he feels his universe is taking him and just enjoy the ride.

------------------
DaveC
"Let me be the first to say that this is the nuttiest idea you've ever had."

[This message has been edited by GaribaldisHair (edited February 14, 2002).]

JMS is still on line and talking to Fans Every Day.
He's been doing that for 12 Years.

Some of the stuff he hears from fans he agrees with and occasionally he has made changes because of the feedback.

He also hears a LOT of wrong guesses and comments that prompt people to ask if the person Posting the comment was watching the same show the rest of us were watching.
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Some of the stuff he hears from fans he agrees with and occasionally he has made changes because of the feedback.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely, it has also caused him problems in the past when fans suggested story ideas that were in line with something he was already planning.

I think the point I was really trying to make was that JMS, as a career writer, has to stand or fall by the quality of what he writes, and it is therefore extremely unlikely that he would look for more input from fans - certainly with something new.

He has much greater involvement with them already than any other TV writer/Exec Producer that I know of.

------------------
DaveC
"Somebody gulped. You were supposed to sip not gulp!"

In his posts he has said his concern is for, in order:
1.what is right for the story
2.what is right for him
3.what is good for the fans
4.what is good for the networks, etc.

------------------
"I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." -Mr. Burns in "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part Two"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back