• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Battle of the Backstabbers

Cern

Regular
was watching Earth Final Conflict yesterday and thought-who would win in a battle of wits-Ronald Sandoval against Alfred Bester?

here's the stats as I see them.

SANDOVAL-CVI enhanced mind. Skrill energy weapon. General sneaky b@$t@rd.

BESTER-P12 Telepath. Grade A Sneaky B@$t@rd.

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

In my opinion, Bester would win based on the fact that Sandoval has had 4+ years to take out the Taelons, and has accomplished Zip.

------------------

" The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. We can not escape history. We will be remembered, in spite of ourselves. The fiery trial through which we pass will light us down in honor or dishonor, to the last generation. We shall nobly save, or meanly lose our last best hope."

No contest... a P12 against a normal. Bester would mind shred his ass. Hey Cern what do you think of the new season so far? I think it sucks ass and now I'm done watchin EFC.

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War Is Life And Death Is The Only True Peace"

No contest here Bester would win hands down
laugh.gif

------------------

Sorry, just to rub it in, but it's Bester easily.
tongue.gif

Regards

------------------
You still say there's nothing to chaos theory?

If Sandoval could somehow deal with Bester at a distance, be forewarned, and prepared, he might have a chance, because he is pretty mean and devious. But his main talent seems to be persuading the powerful that he would be a good toady, while secretly serving his own ends. That wouldn't work on Bester at all.
I've thought the show was pretty flawed since the begining, so it's too early to tell if this season is subpar. They do have the annoying habit of getting rid of any character I come to like, usually without letting us see, or understand exactly why. And even though they do have a definite story arc, they still drop things that have gone before without explanation.
crazy.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Palindromes of the month: Lager, sir, is regal. Do geese see god?

Sandoval is really just a b@st@rd, while Bester is a P12 b@st@rd. Im guessing that however far away Sandoval was, he'd still get his ass kicked. Anyway, Sandoval isn't one for a direct confrontation. He's kinda a wussy when it comes down to anything important...but maybe if he got that jaridian power-rangers armor that I saw in that one ep....hmmmmmm.....

------------------
"Forget about the reasons and
The treasons we are seeking
Forget about the notion that
Our emotions can be swept away
Forget about being guilty,
We are innocent instead
For soon we will all find our lives swept away"
-Dave Mathews Band
"Seek up"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by War-Demon:
what do you think of the new season so far? I think it sucks ass and now I'm done watchin EFC.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, theres no Liam, which is a good thing. Having Renee as the lead has potential, but i can see this becoming RENEE THE ATAVUS SLAYER.

The Atavus have POTENTIAL to be good baddies, but they just seem too...direct. I liked the sneaky Taelons, even if they didnt get anywhere.

Speaking of the Atavus, what the F###? Da'an turned into an Atavus back in S2, and he looked nothing like these guys. where are their Shakarava? they have CLAWS? where did the writers pull that out of? Plus, ok, here is goes. the Taelons and the Jaridians are offshoots of the same species, right? Now I could see the similarity with Daans Atavus form. these chuckleheads look way too human. And not only that, did they EVER expalin where the Kimera fit in?
I really hope that when Boone comes back, stuff gets straightened out bigtime.

Nuff Said.
laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emfeeli:
Sandoval is really just a b@st@rd, while Bester is a P12 b@st@rd.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!
Sandoval just has better hair
wink.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back